POLL ON HEALING!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What helped you HEAL?

Surgery
21%
Botox
7%
Diltiazam, etc
22%
Self-Dilation
3%
Medical dilation (SAD, etc)
No votes
Something else
30%
None of the above
18%

Total votes : 151

Re: POLL ON HEALING!!

Postby Bottom Gun » 19 Jul 2021, 18:41

I have suffered from an anal fissure for 13 years.

Have done sitz baths, used Boudreaux Butt Paste (a great help), and taken Muralax for several years (helps a lot).

NOW I BELIEVE I AM CURING THE FISSURE ITSELF!

This is what I do:

1. Clean area as best you can.
2. Apply a thimbleful of Vaseline. Try to get some inside.
3. Protect your underwear with a pad or paper napkin.
4. Repeat about 12 times daily.
5. Continue for 4 weeks.

I am in my 17th day of doing this and truly believe the fissure is healed. No more pain, no more blood. No more swelling. Note – I am continuing to take 1 tablespoon Muralax daily. I don’t need a difficult stool to ruin the progress I’ve made.

This is an adaptation of the technique my surgeon prescribed to heal the scar following a recent surgery to remove a small skin cancer on my neck. I thought – if it will work there, why not adapt this on other parts of the body.

This is definitely working for me. Vaseline and paper napkins are cheap.

I would try to avoid surgery or Botox treatment. I had hemorrhoid surgery many years ago, that recovery was difficult.

After my 4 weeks are over I intend to continue with the daily Muralax, I NEVER want another fissure in my life.

Let this forum know if this works for anyone else, and good luck!
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 19 Jul 2021, 19:17

Thank you bottom gun can you please continue to update us all.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Ginger55 » 20 Jul 2021, 05:13

I agree, let us know how you get on!
Ginger55
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Bottom Gun » 20 Jul 2021, 07:33

Update,

Today is my 18th day. This is definately working for me.

Here is my experience with this;

days 1-5. No noticable changes
days 6-8, notable improvements, spotting is diminishing
day 9 spotting has stopped, no more pain
days 10- today, I believe the fissure has healed

I will continue for the full four weeks even though I beleve the fissure cas healed. I intend to use Muralax indefinately from now on.

Whenever you have surgery elsewhere on your body the care for the surgical wound is to apply petrolium jelly (vaseline) and keep the wound bandaged for up to 4 weeks.

The area we are dealing with cannot be bandaged, pluus this area is active (obviously). That is why I decided on applying vaseline hourly.

Is anyone else trying this? I wanted to share this approach so as to help others suffering. Would like to hear if I am an exception because I believe this should work for others. I would like to share this to all the readers of this forum, but I don't know how to do that, can anyone help with that?
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 20 Jul 2021, 15:48

Bottom gun go to main page an maybe put it on the general fissure discussion page.
I have questions?
Before starting the Vaseline did your fissure heal an retear every few weeks\ months?
Is your fissure at the 12 o'clock or 6 o'clock position?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Bottom Gun » 20 Jul 2021, 16:00

Missy
I don't know what position my fissure is located. I have seen a couple different Color-Rectal Physicians and don't recall them giviing me that info.

No, my fissure never healed over the past 13 years. My use of muralax and Beaudreaux Butt Paste has made my life mostly endurable except for a few occasians when things got very painful. That was when I used the sitz baths.

I still can't find a way to post on the home page. This is a difficult wed page for me. I'm 79 years old so I guess I am technically impaired. I simply wanted others to learn of my experience with the hope of helping others, that is why I only recently joined this forum.
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 20 Jul 2021, 17:10

Ok I'll see if I can guide you to the right spot go to the top of this page click home then scroll down and click general fissur discussion then at the top of that page will be a small black box that says new topic click on new topic and Write Your Story there. Many blessings to you thanks for trying to help other people.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Bottom Gun » 21 Jul 2021, 10:26

Daily update;
Today is my 19th day using the Vaseline on my fissure. Things continue as before. I believe my fissure is healed.

To the Moderator - sorry, I know you believe my earlier post was a repeat. Actually, I have been updatint my post as I was requested to do so by some followers. I will make my daily updates look different so they don't look like repeats.
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict

Postby Bottom Gun » 22 Jul 2021, 11:15

Missy, for what it is worth, I found the notes form my visit wiyh one of the CRS I met with in 2016. My fissure was described as being in the posterior midline position. I don' know if that is 6 or 12 o'clock.

Also, thanks for helping me with how to post on the home page ( although I think I got in trouble for posting more than once).

I will only update at the end of each week of my Vaseline program.

Good luck
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict

Postby Bottom Gun » 24 Jul 2021, 06:06

7/24/21 – Day 21, Three-week Update

I have been applying the Vaseline for a full 3 weeks now. The results, to me, are nothing short of amazing. There is no more pain, no swelling at all, and no blood.

When I first began this method to treat my fissure, I was doubtful but hopeful.

The idea I had was to keep my fissure coated with a layer of Vaseline continuously for four weeks. My thought was by keeping it coated like this I would be shielding the fissure from the irritation of fecal matter to the extent possible, and to keep the surrounding skin moist, allowing the fissure to heal naturally.

During my first several days I was concerned that, by only using the Vaseline, and not the Boudreaux Butt Paste, the swelling would flare. It didn’t. For the first 5 days of using Vaseline everything appeared to be staying the same as with the Butt Paste.

Improvement began to be noticeable on day 6, and by day 10 I believe the fissure finally closed after 13 painfully long years.

Like I explained in my earlier updates, I started out by re-applying the Vaseline hourly. Since around day 15 my re-application interval has increased to around every 2 hours. This was made possible because of the healing that was taking place. Swelling was now non-existent. I believe that the skin covering the closed fissure is now strengthening.

I haven’t seen any posts about anyone else trying this. I may be a unique case, but I don’t believe that. I believe that the body will heal a fissure if you can shield the fissure from the irritation of fecal matter for a period long enough for the body to do its work. If you have tried this, it would be useful to let this forum know if you had any results, good or bad.

I will give another update after completing my four-week treatment.

Good luck to you all.
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict