Positive Affirmations and healing

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

Positive Affirmations and healing

Postby StevePain » 18 May 2010, 15:26

As many of you know, being and thinking positive is the best way to stay on top of your fissure, I also know just how hard this is, I use visualizing techniques to try and promote healing I also pray, but more recently i've been using positive affirmations to help with healing and general well being, you can have a read at these affirmations on this site: http://www.nigelpond.com/2008/03/11/101-positive-affirmations/
all you need do is alter some of them accordingly, for instance, I tell myself over and over that "my fissure HAS healed" I don't use any negative words or maybe's I.E. I don't say i'm gonna beat this damn fissure, the positive affirmation would be "my fissure HAS healed" anyways i'm not gonna boar you any further, take a look for yourself and give it a try, anything is worth a try..
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Positive Affirmations and healing

Postby cherylk » 04 Sep 2010, 07:22

Steve (and everybody else),
I thought this might be the best place to put this information that I have posted previously:
First of all--book reference: Rosalene Glickman, author of Optimal Thinking Have not read it myself, but the book is referenced in the article.
To stop pain.....
Imagine yourself ache-free! This type of visualization is proven to be even more effective than medication at relieving the debilitating pain of irrtable bowel syndrome. In fact, when British researchers (love the Brits!) taught this technique to IBS sufferers, 78% reported a dramatic decrease in their symptoms. So no matter where the hurt is--your head, your neck, your shoulders, anywhere--try picturing your pain as a hot, red ball of fire, then watch it slowly shrink from the size of an orange to a grape to a pea until it completely vanishes!
And here's more evidence of the power of the mind--Cleveland Clinic research reveals just VISUALIZING working out--not actually exercising at all--boosts muscle strength by 13% in 12 weeks!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby cherylk » 12 Sep 2010, 11:07

Steve (and any other interested person),
Did you see that I reposted this info again on this thread?????? It is also listed on the "visualizations" thread!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 12 Sep 2010, 13:02

Hi cheryl, that's a great post, I'm gonna give it a try later tonight when it's peaceful.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45