possible fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

possible fissure

Postby ssflowerr » 20 Nov 2011, 11:06

hi im 34 male
Post edited by administration.
then for a week about I didnt have any pain so I thouhgt I was back to normal and didnt pay attention to it anymore
after that week I had a hard bowel movement (im assuming it happend at this time) then the irritation/subtile pain came back for 3-4 days then stopped for a day then started another day then a day off again then subtile pain again
but the pain usally only now only stays for 10-12 hours then stops ive had days were I hardly had anything and days were it stayed for 10-12 hours. today seems to be one of those good days maybee. I was useing wet wipes and left it wet. but im starting to notice that if its dryed that it feels better. it hurts entill I wipe it dry then its ok(today I notice this)
do I need to be concerned I proboly had a short finger nail at that time
Im guessing I scratched my hole some proboly with my finger nail proboly
also if this is only temporary and how concerned to I need to be about retears. and how do you avoid them or is it even and issue for me
am I ok
happend a two to three weeks ago(including one week of just fine)
this doesnt cuase hemroides does it I have no clue
thanks
please help
ssflowerr
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: possible fissure

Postby Guest » 20 Nov 2011, 12:23

Hello,
It sounds like you have a fissure and yes unfortunately you will probably have to worry about re-tears. Fissure's don't cause hems but once they become chronic , you can develop a skin tag which looks similar to a hemmie.
I suggest getting on a fissure friendly diet and a stool softener while you still have a good chance of healing.Warm baths can also aid in healing as they will help relax the internal muscle and allow blood flow... I would also try and see a CRS while your fissure is new and in the acute stage and get one of the ointments prescribed for fissures such as Diltiazem, Nitro, or Nifedipine.
Good Luck, hang in there and check out the diet and supplements threads!:)
Ps. I did edit your post. I will message you!

Postby ssflowerr » 20 Nov 2011, 21:16

Im scared now can it become cronic. I thought because I only healed in one week at first that I wasnt that bad. can I get by without visiting a crs. do I have to be on a specail deit for the rest of my life or what Im scared
to ease constipation I have been going as soon as I wake up and if I go twice if I have to
ssflowerr
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 20 Nov 2011, 21:32

SS,
You really have to be careful with your diet to heal your fissure and to keep things soft while that area gets some time on it and builds strength. I personally would see a CRS and get one of the ointments. You have a much better shot at healing with one of the ointments and diet while your fissure is acute. Once it becomes chronic( over 6 weeks), it's almost impossible to heal conservatively...
Changing your diet sucks but it will be the key to healing and staying healed with or without surgery. I had the surgery over a year ago and diet is still important although I'm able to eat much more than before, I still have to keep a good diet with fruits and vegetables.
That is great that you aren't holding back on the BM's . Many folks think just the opposite and try to avoid them so keep that up.

Postby Guest » 20 Nov 2011, 21:40

ps... Healing and re-tearing are usually how a fissure goes. Chronic means older than 6 weeks, and still re-tearing. You aren't doomed and it's not written in stone that it won't heal after that period but for most of us, it became impossible and we had to either have surgery or some other medical intervention.
There's tons of information in here and please feel free to ask any questions.

Postby ssflowerr » 20 Nov 2011, 22:09

I dont think I can afford a crs. I only did it once! my pain is very little really its just irritating I DONT have itching or anything either. the suttle pain normaly only lasts 10-12 hours and then im fine(no suttle pain)
it healed already once (within a week) and I was just fine for one week(no pain at all for a week) entill I had the hardest bowel movement in a real long time
the pain It cant get worse or anything than it is now right
is there a possiblitiy that I will heal and be just fine and not have to think about to so much
are surgeries expensive
still scared :(
ssflowerr
Fibre Addict

Postby dwarfs8 » 20 Nov 2011, 23:19

it is possible to heal even if ur fissure is chronic, but the chances are slim. Mine did heal after 5 months. However, there's a lot of determination and diligence on one's part as well as many other factors involved.
You may have some ideas from this post "my success story". Do a search and you could find it.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby ssflowerr » 21 Nov 2011, 12:10

I dont think mine is that bad. it seems to be getting better I think. and the pain is really isnt that much even when I first got it its just there and frustrating because im aware of it.
I thought especially that im ok because the first time I only healed in one week and was fine for a week(I had a ridiculously unusual extra large BM to make it reappear I dont know if ive ever had it like that before?)
this is how it healed 3 or so days of more healing then a little more of more mild healing then fine then this time(im paying closer attention 3 or so days of mild trob and 4-5 of a more mild but somedays I didnt have much problem other days will go away after 10-12 hours then I can be perfectly fine no pain at night (as if it wasnt there at all!)(still healing but getting better I think)
what do I need to do once it heals will I get to a point where it wont come back if Im healed and if by chance it does will it will just be temporary
does going before you have an urge help reduce hard BM, id be willing to incorperate that in my life maybe. ive been doing that every morning.
yesterday my BM stang entill I wiped it dry then it was fine when dry. today it didnt sting just feel the presure agaist it
thanks
Last edited by ssflowerr on 21 Nov 2011, 13:01, edited 2 times in total.
ssflowerr
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2011, 12:25

SS,
It takes six weeks to heal a fissure even if you have no pain. Only time will tell if it returns. I healed for 4 weeks at a time even having spasms, I managed to not rip the fissure open. There really aren't any guarantees.
There have been folks in this forum who have gone years managing or healing there fissures and they returned Image
Cherylk healed conservatively and is doing fine to my knowledge.
I wish I could give you a timeline and could say you will be safe in xxx amount of time, but it really is a mystery why some heal and others don't without surgery.
I would definitely get on the diet, baths and stool softeners or whatever keeps your bm's regular and soft because that's going to give you the best shot of healing and staying healed.
No straining is definitely a good thing but hanging out on the potty waiting for a bm that's not ready to come out isn't either. I would just be sure and go when you have the urge.

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2011, 12:28

I'd like to add it really isn't a mystery why some heal and some don't. The internal sphincter can go into spasm once a fissure occurs and the spasms are what prevents healing. That's why I suggested seeing a CRS for one of the ointments.