Post-LIS issues

PLEASE help me with this one!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post-LIS issues

Postby msimon » 20 Dec 2014, 13:24

I am sure many of you have read I have been full of issues and complaints since my surgery. Well, here is a new one. I am having pencil poops. The first part comes out narrow but after that it gets ridiculous. It takes quite a while for it to just come coiling out (sorry, graphic) not to mention the pressure this is putting on things as the muscle is just clamped down. I have the full urge to go but then the opening is so tight! Weird thing is most of the time it seems to be missing my fissure and at least the bottom of my incision site (still open at the bottom). It didn't for a while and I started bleeding profusely but now seems better again today for that. I assume because the LIS shortened this spastic muscle. So did LIS just shorten my spasm but not affect the part above which is free to spasm? When I first got the surgery the internal sphincter spasmed for a good while after a BM but didn't prevent things coming out. It didn't seem to spasm much during the BM. In fact, I was amazed at how much things opened up. But by the 4th week things just got so much tighter there. After the infection, then antibiotics and now retearing. This is so disappointing. I don't know what to do. I guess I could try ointment again? Does that mean I have to get it up higher in there now though?

Does anyone know if 5-6mm cut LIS is 'normal' or do they often do more? If you get it done on the other side do they go higher than the first time or just the same. I do feel tighter on the side not cut.

Thanks in advance for any insight on this. :thankyou:
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64