Post Op Update

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Post Op Update

Postby juney » 01 Aug 2007, 23:28

well you must have a really good doctor! i'll discuss this with my surgeon the next time i see him and maybe he can tell whether it's the incision or fissure that's still causing me problems...
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2007, 06:35

Cute cat!

Postby small_flower » 02 Aug 2007, 18:15

Hehehe, thanks noelle. He is my brothers cat, his name is Cooper. Hes the sweetest :)
Yes Juney, i had an excellent CRS. I am glad that I "shopped around" for doctors. The first one i had wasnt gentle at all. In fact, when he did the examination, he pull me apart so hard i thought i could feel the fissure opening more! The doctor I had to do my surgery was soooo gentle and awesome. I figured, if I am going to be getting surgery, I want someone I trust to do it :)
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby dano » 02 Aug 2007, 19:17

thats great news on your recovery! my dr also told me i "should"take a fiber supplement forever... oh yea...keep that cat away from my "fish"!!
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby edward_adams » 03 Aug 2007, 05:41

This is awesome! Success stories give everyone else hope.
edward_adams
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby small_flower » 03 Aug 2007, 08:19

Yeah, i know right!? I was so terrified that my surgeon was going to cut to deep and I would be scarred with embarrassing issues forever, but everything turned out fine. I think the key is to get a doctor who really listens to you and that you feel comfortable with. Of course, taking care of yourself after the surgery is key to recovery to. I couldn't be happier though, with my results. Some days I still get itchy, and there are sometimes when I still soak in the tub, but my life is 100% better than it was before the surgery. I encourage anyone who has exhausted all their options to go for the surgery. Here is your extra push. Go for it with a doctor you trust that you know is qualified and has experience with this procedure. You wont regret it.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62