Post Op Update

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post Op Update

Postby small_flower » 13 Mar 2007, 16:13

Hey gals and pals!
So i FINALLY got in to see my surgeon for my post op follow up and its all good news! Image
He said that my original fissure was gone and that the incision from surgery is healing up nicely. He also told me that I should still be drinking tons of water and should probably take a fiber supplement for the rest of my life... :roll: tell me something I dont know right??? lol
So for now, the fissure is gone. Not that this is going to happen anytime soon...but...I always think about if it will reopen when I have a baby. Have any moms here had that experience? I was just curious.
Otherwise, its clear skies and smooth sailing from here on out (assuming that I will stick to my diet...which I will!)
Again, I want to thank you all for your wonderful support. It has meant the world to me. No one understands exactly what your going through unless they have had the same experience! I am so happy that this place exists, and I will continue to share my knowledge and story.
:cheer:
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: Post Op Update

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Mar 2007, 16:45

Wow!! What great NEWS!!!
Yes, I would keep treating myself like I still had a fissure, except now you can have the odd steak or candybar, right?!?
And we certainly can use your expertise here on this forum, especially the surgery board, so please hang around with us and see if you can't make a difference in someone else's suffering!!
Again, congratulations, Kate! You've made us all proud!
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 13 Mar 2007, 17:07

I am so happy to hear of your fissure success! That is very encouraging. I think that since you are healing so nicely I wouldn't worry about it opening during a delivery. It was good to get it straightened out before getting pregnant-I'd be more concerned if you had an active fissure at the time of pregnancy.
Are we to expect some news soon?
Lecia

Postby small_flower » 13 Mar 2007, 18:33

Hahahaha no Lecia, no news involving the pitter patter of little feet. Thats the last thing I need right now. Im still in school! Not married....young....hehe. My boyfriend and I just arent ready for that yet!
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 13 Mar 2007, 18:36

I was just teasing you, Kate! But I am tired of being just about the only one here with kids though! :lolflag:
Have a great evening!
Lecia

Postby small_flower » 13 Mar 2007, 19:02

Cinderella has a little baby :) Your not the only one.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby happyass » 15 Mar 2007, 19:40

congrats kate.
that is wonderful news.
keep up the great work and you'll reap the rewards as you get up the hill and one day, start your trek downward :-)
hehehehehe.......
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Cheryl » 16 Mar 2007, 06:53

Oh Kate, i am just sooooooo HAPPY Image to read your post!! And ofcourse so very proud of you!
Its a very hard thing to do to begin with (commit to the surgery) let alone the fear of the recovery!!
I knew you would do it!! Well done Image Image Image
Im with Kim though, still treat yourself for a while like you have a fissure... i still do 5months on from LIS... i had my first small steak last week and let me tell you it was FANTASTIC!! :bouncy: And the next morning i did not regret it !!
Im sure you will be the same!!
YAAYYYY for you!!
:kiss:
Cheryl
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby juney » 01 Aug 2007, 14:03

i just have a question, how can your surgeon tell that the surgery incision has healed?? how can he see that far up inside without some kind of painful procedure?? at both my 2 and 6 week post op appointments, my surgeon just looked at the actual fissure, the part you can see from just separating the cheeks and looking close. even now, since i haven't healed, i can't imagine him looking at the incision site!
how could he have known at your post op that it had healed??
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby small_flower » 01 Aug 2007, 20:09

Well, I dont know what to tell you really. During my post op, my doctor just, very gently, separated my backside and looked.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist