How to heal FISSURE without surgery

HEALING ANAL FISSURE

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: How to heal FISSURE without surgery

Postby Stillhoping » 19 Nov 2013, 21:36

Thanks for the advice. I am also taking miralax and magnesium and probiotics. It has taken too long to get to the point of a consistent soft BM. I have been alternating between too hard and too loose and frequent--but finally seem to be more consistent to what is beneficial. I also use coconut oil. I had been eating a flaxseed cereal but I haven't used the oil yet. I have also have been trying to sit much less. I think that has been helping too. I continue to soak in warm water 2--3 times a day. I'm 10 months into this. Do you think the soaking still helps the healing process at this point? I'm able to continue to do it--but it is becoming a nuisance. How long have you had your fissure? Good advice on the bending, stretching, stepping etc. I thought I was being careful--but apparently not enough--which caused a set back earlier.
Stillhoping
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby FissureHome » 20 Nov 2013, 04:35

i dont know about the baths as far as healing but i definately always do it after i make a bowel movement as it soothes and relaxes my muscles..i dont know about you but after i go my butt cheeks want to keep clinching together and its really hard to control..same thing in the morining when i wake up its crazy i have to get out of bed and move around or soak to get my them to stop clynching..WWOW i cant belive your 10 months into this! are you considering surgery? i suffered for about 2 weeks before i saw the doc.. then the month follow up and now its been almost 3 weeks since then so its been abou 2 1/2 months maybe but like i said be4 the doc ruined my progress by re ripping so ive been almost 3 weeks healing without reripping i think that is the key to not rerip and not irratate it..whatever feels uncomfortable dont do it..which is just about everyting i know lol from wwhat i read it takes at least 8 to 12 weeks to heal.. that mean without re ripping it..and then you still have to be very careful..?my first month after seeing the doctor my stool was doing great like soft everytime but i think my body is starting to become immune to the stool softner a little but..so 2 days ago i made the trip to the nutrition store for magnesium and flaxseed oil..i took 1 of each that night and than again in the morning after i went and had to come home with diareah nasty..and it did irratate it a little..so just wondering how much magnesium do you take and when?
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Stillhoping » 20 Nov 2013, 17:35

Clenching is a problem as it is an impediment to healing. Ten months is a long time, but I know others have suffered even longer. I want to heal naturally, so at this point I won't consider surgery. I hope you heal by 12 weeks, because the longer past that point will make for an even more difficult healing process. I certainly know that there are worse afflictions to have than this, but after so many months this is turning out to be quite a challenge to remain optimistic to think that I will ever be "normal" again. I take 250mg of magnesium. Once in the am and once in the pm. Good luck to you!
Stillhoping
Fibre Addict

Postby FissureHome » 21 Nov 2013, 04:28

Thank you Stillhoping..Good luck to you as well!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 01 Dec 2013, 06:20

had diareah week and half ago..next 2 days had alot of burning..then had 4 days in a row feeling really good thinking im past it even bowel movements were almost painless..then was massaging butt cheek get tight i guess from spasming and what not and somehow hurt it a lil i guess it spread the hole open a little..next day which was thanks giving had alot of shooting pains and burning..been feeling better again the past 2 days..this is such a battle..
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stillhoping » 02 Dec 2013, 16:41

Sorry to hear about your setbacks. You are right this is such a battle. From reading other people's posts, they seem to share similar stories. Many times I have thought that I have "turned a corner" with several good days in a row only then to have more bad days--quite often for no apparent reason. My Thanksgiving Day was miserable. Friday was much better. Saturday not as good. Sunday better again--and now today-- bad--go figure!
Stillhoping
Fibre Addict

Postby FissureHome » 02 Dec 2013, 19:14

Geeze! Its terrible! My thanksgiving sucked too! Happy thanksgiving! lol i wish there wasnt a risk of incontinence with surgery..i would probably go for it..even if you dont have incontinence right away i worry whats to say 10 20 years from now when im not gonna have issures..but i cant deal with this pain forever thats forsure..so only time will tell..Good LUCK!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Please go-away! » 03 Dec 2013, 22:10

FissureHome Glad yor on track with your healing, it does take time, lots of set-backs too. i also had that. All though I am healed, I still use a damp toiled paper as a wipe along with baby wipes, no alcohol and no fragrance too.

Do you have IBS, you can get that checked out by your Doc. I have Ibs, and I have to eat bland when I have an IBS attack, Diarea with bloating at least once every two months for a week now, not bad.

My fissure is healed as long as I keep up my eating healthy and water intake. Take care and keep rocking on... :Rock:
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby FissureHome » 04 Dec 2013, 07:57

Please go-away! Thank you for your reply..how long did it take for yours to heal? and how long have you been healed? You say your healed as long as you keep up eating healthy..what do you mean by that do you still have pain down there?do you still have pain during bowel movements or sitting down? did you heal naturally or with surgery? how do you know when your healed? sorry for all the questions.. ive been 5 weeks since the doc re ripped me..no i dont have IBS..the reason i got diareaha was b/c i started taking too many supplements(gota kula flaxseed oil magnesisum stool softner fiber gummies multi vitamin aloe vera vitamin e)lol i went a little overboard with it..i cut out the gotu kola and the flaxseed oil and onlyu take 1 magnesium at night and all is well..soft bowel movements everyday..its weird i even got this cause i always have bowel movements fine..never been constipated or anything in my life..im pretty sure i got it from sitting on the very edge of the couch playing Call Of Duty having all the pressure on my hole unfortunately as stupid as that sounds..Also any advice would be greatly appreciated!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 04 Dec 2013, 08:15

I always enjoyed going to the gym, and doing outdoor activites like mountain biking or kayacking sports etc..i cant do any of that now.. its a terrible feeling..I love watch UFC(ultimate fighting championship) i cant even do that now b/c its very tense and when people are getting hit and your like O! Your clinching down there without realizing it and it starts to make me very sore and irratated its like i cant do anything i enjoy anymore..i cant even go out to eat b/c sitting for more than like 10 to 20 minutes starts to irritate not to mention the car ride to get there..ive been standing while i eat for the past 2 1/2 months :( its a tough situation..i dont know if i should keep trying to heal naturally as i do feel like i improve a little bit each week but its just taking so long i dont know if i should opt for surgery and risk incontinence..that scares me to death im only 29 years old..leakage is just something i dont want to deal with..
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist