Road to Recovery

Pain in the A$$

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: Road to Recovery

Postby kyguy » 05 Dec 2013, 08:44

Thanks scientist! Had a great day yesterday. So thankful for that…. beyond words. Just used bathroom and everything went great. After getting to the job yesterday i experienced about 30 min of uncomfortableness. Took a break sat on the floor till it subsided and then got back to work. As i said yesterday i think there comes a point in healing when you need to be active. Not only do i think this helps with the physical part of healing it also helps with the mental part of healing. One of the main things that you need to do when you do get healthy again is diagnose the reason that it happens to you. For me it has always been dry rough stool and water consumption. I consider myself to be a fairly smart human but for some reason it took me until this year to see that around every Thanksgiving i have issues. Hmmmmm…. I am in very good shape and exercise is a part of my daily life (maybe not 7 days a week but 5 for sure). Fairly small guy and it takes a lot for me to be over exerted. I rarely sweat unless I'm working out or its during the summer months. Yet during the summer i never suffer from any problems. Reason being is that i drink plenty of fluids. Going into winter my body doesn't crave water in the same way and thats what gets me. Thinking back to early November before this last tear I remembered three days going by where i drank a total of like two glasses of water. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! I also have a problem not consuming fluids while eating. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! Those are my two things that get me into this position. Not again! Ive got cases of water sitting around like I'm a H2O junkie. Genuinely feel that if i can drink 3/4 to a full gallon of water a day my problems will be distant from my life. Still every meal that i eat i will look at the food and think "what type of stool will this make?" that is key. Some may laugh but when this last episode happened this is what caused it. I am a very serious and devoted hunter. I look forward to the first week of November (in kentucky that is generally when the whitetail deer rut (breeding season)is) like a small child looks forward to Christmas. Lined up my incoming work to where the first 10 days of November i was completely off work. At first id pack a lunch of nutrigrain bars and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Well after about 5 days of the same lunch i decided to switch. The last five days of my hunting vacation i at pop tarts… and pop tarts alone. sitting in a tree all day you can imagine that you wouldn't get very thirsty. so over the course of five days other than supper when i got home i consumed 10 packs of pop tarts with practically no water to help them digest. well guess what type of stool that made……. ROCKS. I know that was the cause to this last episode. I still can't believe that i was so blind to what that was going to do to my body. Not again.

1. Watch what you eat and know how its going to break down
2. Water water water
3. Water water water
4. Use the grinders that God gave you and chew your food!
5. Drink plenty during meals

Those are the steps that i will continue to practice for life!!! Also will get back onto a dietary fiber supplement i figure metamucil just to make sure things keep flowing…. Although I am as regular as an alarm clock. Good luck to all have a great day!!

God Bless!
kyguy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Scientist2516 » 05 Dec 2013, 10:31

That's why I wish more people knew about anal fissures and how horrible they are. We are told over and over again to drink more water, eat healthy foods etc and we just think "yeah yeah, I know". But if people KNEW! Wouldn't they behave differently?
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby kyguy » 06 Dec 2013, 08:59

Unsure as to what happened to my post from yesterday… i don't see it in the forum. Anyways yesterday was great and after the BM i just had i feel like today could even be better! I wish i knew everyones background story and their daily habits to see if i could help them put together a plan of attack. I genuinely wish the best for each and every one of you! I know when i was at my worst 2-3 weeks ago i was a different person. I could not leave and didn't want people stopping by and thats no way to live. I don't know how my recovery would have progressed if i hadn't tried the Tinactin…. honestly don't want to know. Do i think its a cure all and thats all you have to do… no. But without doubt in my mind i know it helped me. You can bet that mostly full tube in my bathroom will not go anywhere. Cannot wait till i can exercise again!! That is one of the major components of staying regular. Hope to be with my bow in my hands next week!!!! I promise there was a time 2 weeks ago when i knew i wouldn't get to use it again this year. Oh side note…. there was a story on the news the other night about a Dr. in Louisville (i live 20 miles south of Louisville Ky) who had pretty much been practicing whatever he wanted on people. Not a colorectal Dr. but a surgeon of some type. There were somewhere around 100 claims of botched surgeries one woman even had to have her stomach left open for almost a YEAR before she could heal!!!! The reason i say this…… just because someone has the Dr. in front of their name does NOT mean that theyre not an idiot. They are human and can be as flawed as any other human on earth. The first Dr. i saw for my fissure was 5 years ago. He did not mention any type of topical treatment what so ever. His name was Dr. Pierce and he is no longer living. I was 23 and he mentions no other option than LIS… WTF. Me unknowingly i scheduled the surgery. It was like two weeks away and all i could think about was how i felt like i got sold on something. Of course…. he's a surgeon thats what he likes to do and why wouldn't he want to make several thousand dollars for a procedure that will take 15 minutes. I went home and did my own research and bought a book called the Anal Fissure Report and read it and it told me a lot. Next day i canceled my surgery and healed up from that episode. Im not saying that all DR.s are like that i know they're not. There are tons of good people in this world you just have to make sure that if you want the surgery to do PLENTY of your own research….. after all its your A$$ no ones gonna look after it like you! Two weeks ago when i thought i was going to have the surgery i googled top colorectal surgeons in Louisville KY and it compiled a large list of around 20. Showing what their education consisted of, where they were educated, patient reviews, and weather or not they were board certified. If you are considering having the LIS please do not proceed without research of your own. I would avoid going to someone who is a general surgeon. Stick with someone who only works on butts!! The LIS is not a guaranteed fix but if i keep my stool at the consistency of what just came out of me and ALWAYS consume my water that is a fix. I hope and pray for all of you and your sore butts. For the people in our lives who have never had this have no idea what its like.

GOD bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kyguy
Fibre Addict

Postby rio » 06 Dec 2013, 09:30

Thank you for posting your story Kyguy and for encouraging words. I am glad that you are better now. I was tuched when I read how your friend found you in tears. I cannot help and cry when I talk to my mother on the phone and I know it upset her because she can not help me and gets very nervous too. I read some posts about Tinactin or antifungals for AF on other forums, but I do not dare to apply it because all sorts of creams and oils made my inflammation worse in the past (some of them much worse) and my anal canal is totally inflamed now, but I am glad that it worked for you. :D
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12

Postby kyguy » 07 Dec 2013, 10:38

So sorry to hear that Rio. I wouldn't wish this problem on my enemies. It is a robber of life not to mention that it is very embarrassing. Although I have done nothing embarrassing to acquire this issue. So are you considering the LIS and how long have you been suffering? I say a prayer for all who have this!!!
kyguy
Fibre Addict

Postby rio » 07 Dec 2013, 14:43

I am in pain and unable to work for more than eight months and I am seriously worried because it is worse than in the beginning. No holiday, no trekking, no social life, no work, almost no income this year. And pain radiates all around my lower abdomen and spine. I find a CRS who has good references, but I can not imagine having more cuts in such sore inflamed area, and I can not take any pain meds except paracetamol because my stomach hurts too, and CRS wants to remove a skin tag too. So I am afraid. But I can not live with this either. My fissure bled just a few drops in the beginning. From your description yours bled more and maybe you caught it before it got chronic and your chances to heal were much better :sunny: . Besides theh pain did you have a feeling of inflammation, burning and was there any redness present? Hope i am not to graphic - this forum is open to such descriptions- we must learn on our own, because doctors can not help us.
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12