Someone please talk to me.

Fissurectomy/possible sphincterotomy scheduled

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Someone please talk to me.

Postby Scared21yearold » 15 Dec 2013, 14:20

Well, I just had a bout of diaherra. I think it's because of the constipation I've been experiencing for the past 48 hours...I'm a little bit irritated and sore now but still no blood...just pink/clear discharge. I'm hoping to be more regular tomorrow and I may cut down on the Colace...I'm going to try just drinking an adequate amount of water and eat lots of fiber. If I become constipated again, I'm going to use the Colace. The pain has been manageable. Just had a few spasms but nothing I can't handle. Thanks guys!
Scared21yearold
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Scared21yearold » 17 Dec 2013, 12:59

DAY 4: Hi all,

So I'm on day #4. I had a painful BM this morning. It was extremely tough to get out so I feel like I've made 2 steps back in the healing process :( Still no blood though, just pink/brown/yellow mucus discharge from time to time that is absorbed through gauze. I do however still have slight fecal matter on the gauze after going to the bathroom an hour or 2 later...I know it's still only day 4 and I shouldn't rush things or be impatient, but has anyone experienced this after surgery? It's very slight but I'm just hoping it goes away eventually because it's one of the reasons why I got the surgery to begin with...please let me know if it's normal or not. Thanks
Scared21yearold
Fibre Addict

Postby Jsingh » 17 Dec 2013, 13:34

The routine that I followed was as follows ...50 mg colace in the afternoon..100mg colace at night along with 2 tea spoons of metamucil...along with about 10 cups of water everyday ...plus whatever else fiber rich food I could eat...this kept the stool soft and I still follow this regimen....was your stool difficult to get out because of pain or tightness or hardness? ...also the small amount of stool that you see on the may be coming out with the discharge..but your CRS will be able to tell you for sure..also taking regular sitz bath after every bowel movement is important for healing as well as cleaning..
Jsingh
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Scared21yearold » 17 Dec 2013, 13:55

It was larger in width than normally, and it hurt to push so it took a while to get out unfortunately. I've been increasing my fiber intake today and I've been eating a lot of plant based foods/fruits along with lots of water like I normally do. And yes, it's like mucus discharge with a tiny streak of fecal matter. This only happens sometimes but it's bothering me that it's there...If it continues, I'll mention it next Monday during my follow-up definitely...
Scared21yearold
Fibre Addict

Postby Scientist2516 » 17 Dec 2013, 15:05

don't push.......don't push...........don't push.
Hard advice to take, but really important.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Scared21yearold » 19 Dec 2013, 12:31

DAY 6: I still have slight drainage and it does take a while to clean up after a BM, but I hardly have any pain! I had a bowel movement this morning which felt uncomfortable for 5-7 minutes afterwards but a hop in the shower took away the discomfort 40 min-an hour later. Today is the first day since the operation where I did not need any ibuprofen or any other pain killers. I'm continuing my high fiber diet with lots of water, and am taking a colace when it's absolutely needed. I have my follow-up on Monday so I hope there's a noticeably huge improvement by then. I am hopefully optimistic ill be able to go back to work soon!
Scared21yearold
Fibre Addict

Postby Scared21yearold » 23 Dec 2013, 16:29

DAY 10 POST OP: Hey everyone! Thought I would give an update on how I'm doing. I just had my first follow-up appointment with my surgeon today and everything is healing up nicely according to him! I do have some leakage/minimal fecal residue on my gauze for a few hours after my BMs but he told me today that it's normal and will clear up within a month or two. So, I'm taking his word for it and not gonna worry all that much about that. I just can't believe how I have nearly no pain at all...If anyone lives on Long Island, NY here I STRONGLY suggest going to Dr. William Smithy at Stony Brook University Hospital if you need surgery! He has really good bedside manners and did a great job with my surgery. I will give a few updates in the next coming weeks! Thanks for all your advice, kind words, and experiences that you shared with me! I'm thankful that there was a forum out there where I could talk to others about my issue. Thanks!!
Scared21yearold
Fibre Addict

Postby froberso » 12 Jan 2014, 09:55

Hello...just joined the forum, and was reading through your posts...wondering if you've had the procedure and how is recovery, if so? I am 2 weeks post-op, and have been feeling pretty good the last few days..it takes a regiment of diet, fiber, warm baths, and rest!! Consistency is the key!! Hope you are well!
froberso

Postby Hatetopoop » 12 Jan 2014, 11:06

Hi Scared, I like you was terrified of surgery and I had a LIS, fissurectomy and three skin tags removed--one being on the inside. I am day 2 post surgery and today I pooped. It was not bad at all. I feared the pain but the fissure pain for the past three months I experienced was WAY MORE severe than this. So there is hope! I know it sounds very scary to have so many things done at once and I was terrified--but now going through it, the pain is about a 3-4 on a scale of 10 and it's that dull ache and soreness you feel like something in your rectum; nothing like the burning pain of a fissure. I hope that helps ease your mind. I know recovery may be a long one to be fully recovered but after three years of suffering with fissures, this is the best decision I have ever made. And about those skin tags, get them removed!! I lived with them most of my life and there is nothing better than having a bxxtt hole that is clear and free! Nothing hanging out anymore! yay! Hope this helps!
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Hatetopoop » 12 Jan 2014, 11:10

Hi Scared, I like you was terrified of surgery and I had a LIS, fissurectomy and three skin tags removed--one being on the inside. I am day 2 post surgery and today I pooped. It was not bad at all. I feared the pain but the fissure pain for the past three months I experienced was WAY MORE severe than this. So there is hope! I know it sounds very scary to have so many things done at once and I was terrified--but now going through it, the pain is about a 3-4 on a scale of 10 and it's that dull ache and soreness you feel like something in your rectum; nothing like the burning pain of a fissure. I hope that helps ease your mind. I know recovery may be a long one to be fully recovered but after three years of suffering with fissures, this is the best decision I have ever made. And about those skin tags, get them removed!! I lived with them most of my life and there is nothing better than having a bxxtt hole that is clear and free! Nothing hanging out anymore! yay! Hope this helps!
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14