Spams post op

Spasm

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Spams post op

Postby Sensi » 21 Dec 2013, 10:18

I went in three weeks ago to get my LIS surgery done because I had two painful fissures that would bleed on and off for over a couple of years. Three weeks later the doc says that the fissures are all healed but my incision had not healed a bit. I still bleed and have rectal spams all day. Before the surgery however I had never had a spasm. Now I am constantly plagued by them. I've tried the hot pad (mentioned by someone else on this site) & I am religious about my sitz baths. Have other people had similar spasms post surgery? And what did they do?

Yesterday I went in again for surgery and they 'scrubbed' up the incision site to prompt my body to heal it, that's how my doc knows the the fissures are gone. But this spasms have returned and are endless. How to stop them... Is what I constantly ponder.

Also, I was curious as to what positions people are using to poop. Regular style on the toilette, squatting, yoga stuff etc. lemme know.

-sensi
Sensi

Topics: 1

Re: Spams post op

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 21 Dec 2013, 13:48

Hi sensi,
I too had Lis but didn't have the spasms after surgery they disappeared almost straight away. Poor you to still have spasms :(. Just wanted to say that my incision site took wks to heal it was bleeding almost everyday not much though. Everytime I had a BM it opened it up again that was the only real problem I had. Did you get a stitch in yours? I did.
I hope your spasms calm down soon.
Deleted User 2543

Postby Sensi » 21 Dec 2013, 15:29

No they did not stitch the area... the doctor wanted this method I guess

And as to the spasms, yes i never had them until after the surgery :/, but i do notice the the whole muscle has relaxed a ton and that is why my fissures are gone. Now its just trying to battle the spasms and get the incision healed.

There is also a low constant throb / 'humming' it feels like. Did you ever have that?

The throb is 24/7 and i would say the spasms are all day long except for when I sleep. Though sometimes the spams will wake me up...

Ive done the messaging technique as well which i saw on the forms but that only gives relief during (as that person stated themselves)
Sensi

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 21 Dec 2013, 16:44

Hi,
I did get a low throb alright but just while i was healing. Definitely no spasms it's odd that you are getting them as lis is suppose to relax the muscle so you don't have spasms.
Were you using any creams before surgery nitro etc? Maybe ask crs for something like it to help relax you more.
Deleted User 2543

Postby Sensi » 21 Dec 2013, 17:00

Well its good to hear that you had the throb while healing as well (not that I would wish this on my worst enemy), but happy to hear its normal.

Yes I did the nifedipine before surgery. And i tried it out a few hours ago and it was a bizar sensation with a bit of pain. maybe that because the would is so fresh, no idea. Why im trying to figure out non-chemical solutions and if anyone on this form had them either before or after surgery and maybe what helped... I dunno, kinda at a loss, bored and alone,

Thank you for your responses Edel
Sensi

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 21 Dec 2013, 17:18

I wish I could help more maybe someone else can. I totally understand how you feel it takes over your life & you feel so alone. I found this forum great for advice & support. Keeping looking through posts you may find one that will help you. Stay strong you will get through this.
I wish you the best take care :)
Deleted User 2543