Hello, new here and worried about painful lump inside

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Hello, new here and worried about painful lump inside

Postby Loose1 » 02 Jan 2014, 14:43

Hello, sorry to bother you all... I've had problems with a fissure for about 10 years, however the past few months it has been more recurrent. I have a real fear of developing anal abscess (or something else serious) and on applying some Rectogesic inside just now, I felt a lump actually on the anal sphincter thingy. I know you can get a sentinel pile, but this is INSIDE and it's v painful, wasn't there last week. Could it just be a fissure? Can that make it feel like a lump inside?

Thanks for reading. :verysad:
Loose1

Topics: 1

Re: Hello, new here and worried about painful lump inside

Postby nick7 » 02 Jan 2014, 16:39

lumps inside the back passage are normally piles which are classed as internal piles if they retract after a BM they do not normally cause pain but can bleed

a fissure is always painful with a sore cut type of pain and is best treated with a dilator along with Xylocaine Jelly or Diltiazem hydrochloride 2% Cream (Anoheal)

some people develop both at the same time but the treatment remains the same a month with the dilator works wonders as the area starts to open up so that future bowel movements are much easier

however there are some like myself in which there will never be a cure so for me the dilator is a god send which i have been using for over 40 years now and although not a cure it's not been to bad

if the pile or fissure cut is in the wrong place like mine then their is no chance of it ever healing so you have to press on the best you can but like in my case given time it can and does settle for short periods of time
nick7
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2