day 2 of swelling/spasms please help :(

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

day 2 of swelling/spasms please help :(

Postby havefaith » 10 Jan 2014, 12:04

So to get you guys up to speed, 2 days ago i decided to be brave and apply my nifedapine lidocaine ointment to myself just as my GI had indicated. I had 3 bms that day so i had to apply it 3 times and was assured that even though i felt pain, there was "no way i would do damage with a gloved finger"

Well that led me to spasms for over 24 hours, in fact i went from feeling where my original fissure was, as well as another one i suspected, to NOT BEING ABLE TO FEEL THEM AT ALL.
In fact i can even walk better etc and SO far bms are all soft and painless.

HOWEVER, the inner lining of my anus feels swollen, as does my anal canal. my mom who is a GP managed to apply the nifedipene and lidocaine to me twice yesterday without pain and with SOME relief, however today i still feel a lot of spasms (more than i have ever experienced before but a bit less than yesterday) I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW suddenly this would occur.

I am more concerned about my lining feeling so puffy, how is it that after feeling those cuts for all this time, i hurt myself more, and now i dont feel them? WHAT COULD BE GOING ON HERE? Im very scared.... right now the spasms werent AS painful as yesterday yet, however it feels a lot tighter in there. i also noticed my buttocks getting tighter and an inability to relax and let the spasms go as i used to be able to do, my entire pelvic area feels tighter..

if this sounds like self inflicted proctitis , i have proctosedyl to manage it but was told to be careful as it thins the skin. but i dont want to start diagnosing myself. i just need ideas on what this might be. has anyone ever had this happen to them before?

my questions: 1. what do you guys think could be going on here? has this ever happened to any of you?
2. could i have injured myself somehow with a gloved finger my body is trying to protect that minor injury with spasm?
3.why am i suddenly not feeling the fissure pain when im at rest, but feeling way more swelling/tightness/spasms.
I have faith in you always, i love you like my own son or daughter, when you hurt, i hurt. Let us all be each others guiding light, and heal without anxiety :) Much love to all.
havefaith
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: day 2 of swelling/spasms please help :(

Postby rio » 10 Jan 2014, 13:50

Oh, I am so sorry you are suffering. I can not answer to your questions, just want to send you a big :smilyhug: I can imagine your pain, discomfort and anxiety. I had some similar experiences with nitroglycerine ointment. I got a feeling my anus was softened, swelled and burned and I remember all day lasting spasms (like painfull period) in my lower abdomen after applying this vasodilatation cream. I tried to use it for three times on and off, but I always discontinued after two days. It was just not good for me.
I sometimes had a burning feeling after using hydrocortisone-lidocaine suppositories too (but sometimes if I use just a half it was o.k. :scratch: ?!). My CRS nurses than told me not to take hydrocortisone for more than 7 days, better less or no at all (it is skin thinning as you already know). I finally just use extra virgin coconut oil with chamomile (home made), zinc oxyde cream, aloe vera gel fresh from the plant etc...I suspect that taking wheatgrass powder (for a month now) may contributed to less burning and inflammation in last two weeks. It is worth to try, can not hurt.
For me resting in bed with hot water bottle is the most soothing.
Try to stay positive in general and focus on healing which will surely come in future. It is a process that take time, but it will be better. If some remedy causes you pain, than my opinion is not to push yourself into using it, though other people have good results. Anal pain can be tricky to understand and sometimes it takes a lot of trials and errors to find what suits you. It is good that you have people around you that comfort and support you. :hang: You will get better.
This forum is god send and you may find some useful tips and ainformation that may help you to heal. It just takes a lot of time to read and when we are in a lot of pain it can be exhausting. I was amazed by healing with hyperbaric oxygen chambers - this helped user Revma3, the user MB-YWR fissure-tragic-trajectory-with-a-kind-of-happy-ending-t3372.html#p62014.
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12