My Fissurectomy and Botox

My Story

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

My Fissurectomy and Botox

Postby fissureteen97 » 06 Jan 2014, 10:31

Hi all i have surgery tomorrow morning and i thought i would share my recovery story starting today. I have been on this site for hours looking at other people's recovery and thought to hell with it, i'm gonna start one myself. To quickly bring everyone up to speed i'm a 16 year old male who got my fissure abut 7 months ago. My fissure is particularly bad as it leaves me in pain for at least 6 hours after every BM and it also means that if i am anywhere other than my bathtub, i am in unbearable pain. It really annoyed me as it stopped my ability to go to college this year which means i now have to wait until September before i can do my course. A year out of education sounds like a dream to most people but for me it's a nightmare. Anyway it's been a rollercoaster to say the least (with many more downs than ups) but i have surgery tomorrow and i cannot wait. Of course i am slightly anxious as anyone would be having surgery but i know it's for the best. Just wondered if anyone had any advice about how their surgery went and ways to cope with it all?
fissureteen97
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: My Fissurectomy and Botox

Postby pinpin » 07 Jan 2014, 04:15

Thanks you for sharing you story! Keep us posted how it went.

You can check my posts as I got two surgeries already, and the last one(LIS) provided a lot of improvements.

I didn't have fissurectomy and botox, but some of the members had and can spot a bit more details I think
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby JHH » 07 Jan 2014, 05:26

Hi there teen97

I had botox back in june and am now healed. I had some pain and trouble walking the first week, but the burning was gone right away for me. Not everyone is so lucky, but usually after a week or two you should notice some good improvements.

Being young might also help you heal faster.

Good luck!
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby fissureteen97 » 07 Jan 2014, 14:09

Had the surgery today, everyone at the hospital was fantastic i couldn't of been treated better. Been home for a while now and not in any pain yet. (Literally the slightest bit.every now and again) Going to watch my diet and hopefully the healing will be fast. Thanks for the replies guys it made me more confident :)
fissureteen97
Fibre Addict

Postby fissureteen97 » 09 Jan 2014, 17:35

Thought i would do a quick update, went for my first BM this morning and it was hard so it felt like i was passing boulders. Pain lasted a good 5 hours but was not as bad as the pain i was suffering from before surgery. I occasionally get some discharge but my surgeon told me that is usual. I don't think the botox has taken full effect yet as i have heard it makes a pretty big difference when it kicks in. For now i am just hoping the next BM will be soft and easy to pass. Just another quick thing, i don't feel any benefit from any painkillers i take does anyone know any good solutions to dull my pain a bit more?
fissureteen97
Fibre Addict

Postby fissureteen97 » 11 Jan 2014, 10:14

Went for my second MB this morning and it was once again like passing boulders. I am not concerned as the lactulose i have been taking is said to take 2 or 3 days to start working. Still had a lot of pain lasted about 5 hours same as before. But i am confident that once the lactulose does it's magic and the botox kicks in (hopefully soon) i will be on my way up the recovery ladder. Also does anyone know of any strong painkillers that i could ask for? I just don't feel the full effect of the ones i have now. They are 500mg paracetamol.
fissureteen97
Fibre Addict

Postby fissureteen97 » 12 Jan 2014, 15:32

Had my third BM just now and it was still hard, going to increase my lactulose intake i think. Also it was much easier to pass this time around i think the botox is beginning to kick in. Just waiting for how long the after pain will last now hopefully not too long!
fissureteen97
Fibre Addict