DAY 9: POST LIS Surgery Feeling Better

Day 9: Post LIS Surgery Feeling Better

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

DAY 9: POST LIS Surgery Feeling Better

Postby Hatetopoop » 19 Jan 2014, 13:40

Hi there,
Diarrhea is gone. I had a cheeseburger from Wendy's yesterday--I am back to eating "normal" solid food and no more runs! lol Must have been too many stool softeners and the prune juice. I took one fiber pill and one stool softener last night, and I had a good BM today. On the soft side but NO PAIN and slipped right out. I probably don't even need the stool softener but since I treated myself to fast food yesterday I was a bit worried about the BM. Ahhhhhhhhhh....

The only thing that still stings and burns on a scale of 1- 10, being about a 3, is the site of the skin tag removals.

No more soreness or pain inside like I used to have when I had the fissure, or post op days.

So I guess I am slowly improving with each da y. Thank the good Lord and thank's to all those positive thoughts I'm getting on this site! THANK U for all your advice... :thankyou:

My boss has pretty much said indirectly he wants me back to work this week. I am hoping I can stay home one more day and then venture out and see how I do at my desk job--with my new chair cushion that I bought---all day. He had the LIS surgery a long time ago and feels it was "no big deal" so he has big expectations with me I suppose.

So I'm hoping for a good week. I see my CRS tomorrow morning and will be reporting with an update.

I hope he does not probe around in there???? I will ask him not to as I am still a bit sore... :naughty:
:thankyou:
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Re: DAY 9: POST LIS Surgery Feeling Better

Postby sotiredofthis » 19 Jan 2014, 17:21

Yeah! So glad to hear you are doing well. Can I ask what kind of chair cushion you bought?
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby Hatetopoop » 19 Jan 2014, 21:46

I went to Home Depot--in their patio section I just tried several types of chair cushions and purchased the one I liked. It has support but also very comfortable.

My nurse had told me to stay away from donut cushions. They are actually bad for us. She said a thin pillow is best but since I'm not going to lug my pillow to work, I opted for a nice looking patio chair cushion.
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby owmybum » 20 Jan 2014, 12:24

Sounds great ..... Good luck with your appointment today.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !