Day 9: Post LIS followup MINOR SETBACK AFTER DR EXAM

Post LIS followup MINOR SETBACK AFTER DR EXAM

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Day 9: Post LIS followup MINOR SETBACK AFTER DR EXAM

Postby Hatetopoop » 20 Jan 2014, 20:36

Well, I am on Day 9 after LIS, skin tag removal, and fissurectomy surgery and was doing so well. I had not had any bleeding in the past three days and it had turned into a very light spotting.

My CRS examined me just with a wooden flat stick that they use, he did not probe me. He told me how well my surgery went and how pleased he was with the results.

As he spread my cheeks, I felt discomfort and slight pain. He said that is due to the skin tag removals--I have two open wounds there still will take up to two months to heal.

He also said he removed a "papiloma"? and it was noncancerous. Thank God because I had no idea I should be worried!

And so long story short, I felt him put a gauze between my cheeks at the end of my exam and when I went to the bathroom the gauze was drenched in BLOOD! I freaked out and got depressed because I expected to be back at work tomorrow and not I am thinking it's not such a good idea to be sitting at a desk for 8-9 hours without my sitz bath.

So he was very pleased but told me it will take about two months for me to feel "perfect" and one month to feel good.

I am upset at the setback but now I am scared to resume all normal activities as I do not want to set myself back any further.

For all of you out there, be prepared mentally as this is not an overnight fix and it is still a long recovery period before things start to behave normally.

I still do not regret LIS surgery and should have done it sooner. I am still way better off than I was with the fissure pain.

Any thoughts on this? please advise.. He did not give me any creams or remedies. Told me to continue the stool softners as needed.
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Re: Day 9: Post LIS followup MINOR SETBACK AFTER DR EXAM

Postby Bettyblue » 21 Jan 2014, 05:29

Sorry hatetopoop for your ordeal. Hey don't get depressed you are doing very well. I know to spot blood again is very scary, but I don't think it means anything. It just the area is still tender and delicate and any disruption can make it bleed. It happened to me yesterday too In my first exam post LIS with my CRS. I haven't bleed since the day of my surgery and yesterday I did after the exam. Of curse not as bad as you, but don't forget that I only had a LIS and nothing else (well some papilae cauterization as you. I didn't know until yesterday that my CRS told me). If you can and don't feel like going to work today take it easy and stay home.

I think what he minded when he said papilloma was papillae. They are inflammatory lesions that appear some times when you have a fissure, hemorrhoids or an abscess/fistula. They are totally benign but sometimes get inflammated and start to bother you. According to my CRS yesterday I had 2 and he took them out or cauterizased them. Check out this short explanation here about them:
http://www.expertconsultbook.com/expert ... earch=none

Take care and I hope you feel better soon.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby BarbC » 21 Jan 2014, 10:24

Good morning hatetopoop
My LIS/skin tag removal surgery is scheduled in four hours. I wanted to check in with you to see how your are doing. I was hoping that you were doing well. Stay positive and we will both look back on this in a month or two and be perfect -- RIGHT?
This too shall pass -- won't it?
BarbC
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Hatetopoop » 21 Jan 2014, 11:08

RIGHT! I'm a bit sore today after my CRS examined me! But otherwise, the first week was not too bad. Stay with soft foods, soups, purees, fruits, and veggies, juices, oatmeal and light meals. Then you can progress to beans, chicken, fish...take your stool softeners Collace or generic is fine...Take your painkiller only when you really need it and when you do, double up on the stool softeners and fiber! Good luck! First day is piece of cake...2nd day so so and every day gets better after that.

I'll be praying for you...good luck!
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bettyblue » 21 Jan 2014, 11:18

Good luck barbc. I hope every thing goes well for you.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby Hatetopoop » 21 Jan 2014, 11:35

Betty,
I can't believe the same exact thing happened to us. I am very sore today after my BM. I did overeat a bit yesterday, that coupled with the fact that I was bleeding after my exam. Funny about that papillae? He turned around in the same breath and told me, by the way it was noncancerous. LOL I did not know I had anything to worry about but now I am reading they are usually benign. So thank God for that too...I am back on the Advil and sitting on a soft cushion for work.
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bettyblue » 21 Jan 2014, 14:53

Hatetoppop, he told me that my wound have closed, at least externally ( it will take more time for the wound to heal internally, at least another 2 weeks). So my risk of infection was almost cero now ( he enfatized almost, because cero doesn't exist in medicine). So after the appoinment I also looked and I had some blood in my gauze. Today I am a little sore and have some weird pinching in my LIS. I am wondering if he didn't reopen it again and if it is open I will have again infection risk? So stupid! I think I am going to write him to see what he has to say. I am a little nervous now with this weird pinching. I hope he didn't rip anything down there.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby Hatetopoop » 21 Jan 2014, 14:58

I had to take two advil today after my BM I was hurting bad I had to bend over and wait til the pain subsided. It got better in 10 minutes but then I had some oatmeal and took the advil and now I'm much better. I can sit longer now.

My CRS explained I have the two open wounds from my skin tag, and I have a new skin tag (small one) that is inflamed. He also said my fissure and he called it "tu herida" inside now is also open. Because he did a fissurectomy and he cleaned out the fissure so that is what is bleeding again. I think you are right. We think we are 100% but inside still needs more time to heal. He told me 4 weeks I'll feel much better and 8 weeks "perfect". We'll see....
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Hatetopoop » 21 Jan 2014, 15:02

I am not worried about infection. I am super duper clean every time I go. I use the bidet, then the blow dryer to dry. I am not using soap, only when I shower my whole body. I am not bleeding today so that is good. When he opened me to look, it hurt and I think that was where he caused the wound to reopen. Yes, I feel like I am back 4 days with my healing. But we'll see tomorrow...I am hopeful I will get better each day.
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bettyblue » 22 Jan 2014, 13:31

Hey hatetopoop, how it was at work.? Did you manage to survive? I am starting tomorrow. Any advise? Although I am doing very good. No problems at all.
Bettyblue
VIP