Minor anal fistula-suggestions?

No chrons, no ibd, happened 10 years ago

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Minor anal fistula-suggestions?

Postby TheBob » 23 Jul 2017, 01:06

HI all,
First off, my sympathies to all who suffer here.
10 years ago, I had a perianl abscess or a fissure that devideo to become a fistula. Healthy, bodybuilder, early 30's. Oh well, went in and had a seton placed. 3 yeas later, an abscess formed and was drained. Seton still there. Life was good, no pain, no pads, none of that. About 3 years ago the seton git snagged so I cut it out and it slid out. External opening closed up. Went to MD and he said he was surprised it hadnt abcessed. Still could feel the tract and the small bump where the originAL external opening was.

Evert year, it's bothered me even less, which was not much after the first two procedures. I currentky have No external opening, no pain, no dripping, only occasional tiny discharge from the internal opening if I squeeze the tract area, and I mean really press hard. Discharge is a few drops of sticky pus or mucous. This usyally hapPens after the fissuure On The Same side As The fISTULA Flares up. Once I went months without it. I'm OCD, so I check every day, sometimes twice a day.

Since there's no external opening, just a tract and some occasional discharge without pain or abcess, is this still considered a fistula? Anyone go though something like this? Thanks for listening :)
TheBob

Topics: 1