Just got home from my lis

Relieved its over

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Just got home from my lis

Postby hopefulbutt » 21 Jan 2014, 18:08

After 2 years just had enough. Went well my hubby says. Sorry if I'm a bit incoherent i had a Vicodin on the way home. Even though I thought it had healed Crs said she could still see it and did a tailored lis and cut more than she thought she would have( must have been tighter than I though). I know u have drugs in me but I feel so much better than I thought I would so far. Praise God! I know recovery is up and down but so glad it's done. I want to day a huge thank you for all you encouraging people on here- only you can understand what a wretched thing this is. I pray for healing for us all.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Re: Just got home from my lis

Postby havefaith » 21 Jan 2014, 23:06

Congrats :) youre on your way now!!!! Keep posting your recovery.
I have faith in you always, i love you like my own son or daughter, when you hurt, i hurt. Let us all be each others guiding light, and heal without anxiety :) Much love to all.
havefaith
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby Bettyblue » 22 Jan 2014, 03:32

Have a happy recovery :cheers: And yes, please post to know how are you doing.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby owmybum » 22 Jan 2014, 03:42

My thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery hopefulbutt xxxx

:smilyhug:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby hopefulbutt » 22 Jan 2014, 09:08

Thanks everyone! I had a pretty good night. I know I should probably not be taking the Vicodin but I am such a pain baby. I have taken another one this morning when the pain woke me up around 5 am. I hope to get off them soon. Mostly I want something in my system when that dreaded first bm comes. I am taking extra miralax and fiber and a dulcolax last night. I hardly ate yesterday so I doubt I will go today. Sitting down to eat breakfast was too difficult but I could walk aroun my kitchen for 5-10 minutes so I am happy about that. Any tips for the first bm? I've heard dorm go right in the tub. Not sure I want to try that but I'll do anything to help with that pain
Thanks again owmybum bettyblue and havefaith. It means a lot to me to have your support. I haven't told hardly anyone I know so it's so nice to have someone to talk to.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefulbutt » 22 Jan 2014, 09:14

Forgot to mention that I got stitches (dissolvable). Hope this isn't dumb but what did she stich? Hubby told me because I was out. I don't think she did a fissurectomy as she didn't mention it before hand or to him. Also I feel very swollen down there - just like the days after she did my botox. Not sure how to reduce that except taking ibuprofen. ?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Hatetopoop » 22 Jan 2014, 12:13

Congrats hopeful! You did it! Aren't you so glad it's over?? First BM is not too bad. Just continue with the soft foods and stool softeners. I was very surprised as it was not even close to what I experienced with my fissure pain for three years. Just do your warm sitz baths after each BM to keep the swelling and pain down. You can also apply an ice bag. I didn't but my CRS said it can help with the swelling. I am almost two weeks out after LIS and sitting longer than I was before without pain. Ibuprofen is good. I took two per day to help with pain/discomfort but have weened off and now not needing any. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby tacobob » 22 Jan 2014, 14:21

Just to give you a heads up that the pain meds the doctor gave me during the surgery did not ware off for about three days. The next three days of making a bowel movement where terribly painful, there was no lingering pain though, well after five minutes anyways. My suggestion to you is to stay away from things that are spicy even tomatoes it may help you out. My doctor told me to eat whatever as long as it was high in fiber I followed his advice and learned that he did not mean spicy so good luck on your recovery. My recovery went pretty good with that exception.
tacobob
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Rachael 1984 » 23 Jan 2014, 17:04

Thinking of you Hopeful! I do hope you can fully heal now. Healing wishes to you my friend. Xxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby hopefulbutt » 23 Jan 2014, 20:05

Thanks hatetopoop. I am only taking Advil now and my baths. I was so afraid I would be a painful bloody mess but I feel so much better than I had feared!
Thanks taco bob my first bm went well but I have in mind that pain can change day to day and I know it will take time to fully heal. I am trying to be careful still in what foods I eat.
Rachael glad to hear from you. How are you feeling these days?
I hope I can continue on this path of healing. I hope you are doing we'll too
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist