Just got home from my lis

Relieved its over

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Just got home from my lis

Postby skumar » 24 Jan 2014, 05:52

Wish you a speedy recovery. Only lis should make you feel better in approx 15 days. Keep up the water intake, good stool softener, fiber and good food rich in fiber. You will be fine soon.
skumar
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby hopefulbutt » 24 Jan 2014, 10:38

Bm 2 not quite as good though softer. Not sure why. Woke up with some pain though already this morning. At least the worst pain and burning is pretty short lived afterward. Cannot feel old fissure site when going just the cut from lis and possibly a new tear from the procedure at 12 o'clock (groan). But I keep reminding myself this is the last tear and it takes time to heal. Wish I had another week off from work but I just started this job and have to be there Monday. Praying the days continue upward. Thanks skumar. I am looking forward to being two weeks out. Did you take any pain meds at all? I am off them now but it sure is tempting ...
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby hopefulbutt » 25 Jan 2014, 10:23

Bm 3 completely painless until after, much softer too. But painful gas like my fissure is cutting me :( recovery from bm only took around 20 minutes so that good as I have to work Monday.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby vdb324 » 25 Jan 2014, 21:47

Hopeful butt, I'm glad to hear you're doing well! do you mind sharing how old you are? I might be going in for LIS soon, but I have been very hesitant due to the complications that some people say that women have, especially those of childbearing age.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Postby hopefulbutt » 27 Jan 2014, 07:28

Vdb324 I am 33. I have a 12 year old son. Please don't be worries about incontinhence. I had more incontinhence with my botox than lis.
Today, day 6,I go back to work and had painful bm :( worst part is that my fissure felt like a cut during it. Both lis cut and fissure burned and aches for about half hour after. I am seriously afraid that she did not cut enough. Usually my fissure didn't hurt this much before so I am wondering if she roughed it up a bit or if it just tore during tr procedure. Here is I a better day tomorrow. Hoping I can make I through work without a pain pill. At least I am sleeping through the night and I feel mostly good during the day.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist