Day 9: Post LIS followup MINOR SETBACK AFTER DR EXAM

Post LIS followup MINOR SETBACK AFTER DR EXAM

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Day 9: Post LIS followup MINOR SETBACK AFTER DR EXAM

Postby Hatetopoop » 22 Jan 2014, 15:57

Bettttyyyyy, that is wonderful news! You are doing so well. I'm so happy for you! I am working from home this week. Thankfully after I talked to my boss they allowed me to do it. I am doing better today than yesterday. No bleeding and no pain after my BMs. I am taking it easy with light meals and I took two stool softeners, had prune juice, and some prunes. I think I went too many time though but all good. lol I think from here on I have to be careful of what and how much I eat.
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Bettyblue » 22 Jan 2014, 16:36

Well i think you are now officially healed well done. :bouncer: I am not looking to come back to work tomorrow. I have a very stressful job, I have to travel a lot. I think this job contributed in some way to my fissure. *Sigh* Better to go to sleep now. Take care hatetopoop.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby BarbC » 24 Jan 2014, 14:18

I am anxiously awaiting the answers to the work question. I am retired, but I have much to do at home. I see that this will not be a picnic just by reading your experiences.
I appreciate having someone who has had surgery so close to mine With whom I can discuss things that I cannot discuss with most people.
My surgery on Tuesday went fine, but I spent over seven hours in recovery while they tried various treatments to waken me. Of course sleep deprivation over the past few days did not help, I think that it made the sedative more reactive.
Wishing for the best of luck to us all,
Barb
This too shall pass -- won't it?
BarbC
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Hatetopoop » 24 Jan 2014, 17:05

Hi Betty, I worked from home this week. Doing much better. I just have an itch after my morning BM. No pain at all or pushing. My skin tag removal site is heeling well...less swollen and tender. I am putting coconut oil and diaper rash ointment on in the mornings. Seems to soothe the itch and dryness. The rest of the day I feel good! What a difference a LIS makes! I'm on my way...
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14