Crazy Constipation After Round 2 of LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Crazy Constipation After Round 2 of LIS

Postby FissureIssues » 02 Feb 2014, 09:31

I had a second LIS surgery two weeks ago tomorrow and I am not happy.
My first LIS happened on the right hand side of my sphincter. This most recent happened on the left.
About a year and a half ago when I first had the surgery, I felt my recovery was much better. I felt that I was able to use the bathroom a lot more "freely." However, I had developed a fissure once again, hence my surgery two weeks ago.
Honestly, I have to say first, that I am in not a lot pain at all. But I got constipated after four days of the surgery. Here is where it gets interesting. The site of my incision was obviously extremely swollen. I had to go to the walk-in clinic and I was perscribed Lactuloce. Let me tell you, that stuff will push anything out no matter how constipated you are. When I passed what literally could have been described as an infant, I felt the bulk of the pressure on the opposite side of the incision site which makes a lot of sense since the LIS area is very swollen.
Nonetheless, I feel like I retore AGAIN and not the site of the incision, but on the site of the previous surgery 1.5 years before. I honestly believe yet again, that I have another anal fissure for the THIRD time as a result of the constipation.
I feel really stressed out. I am hoping that once the incision site begins to unswell, that the fissure I might currently have will go away. I just dont feel much looser than before and this is my second surgery....im just not happy.
FissureIssues

Topics: 1

Re: Crazy Constipation After Round 2 of LIS

Postby hopefulbutt » 06 Feb 2014, 16:13

How are you doing fissure issues? I am two weeks and my fissure is still causing pain. Hope you are doing better
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40