Healed fissue scars

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Healed fissue scars

Postby endfissure2013 » 09 Feb 2014, 01:03

suzyljank wrote:Hi, I had the surgery for anal stenosis. It involved two advancement flaps. It helps so much. I still technically have stenosis but it's functional now. The doctors can fix things to a certain degree but they can't make my bum like it was before all of this. Unfortunately the longer you let it go the worse it gets. I waited 5 years to work up the courage to have the surgery and I wish I hadn't waited so long. Part of my recovery has been dilation and it helps a lot. I have a few different dilators, the largest one is 19 mm. My CRS told me if I can manage that one I should be able to live the rest of my life fairly normal. The surgery itself takes a while to recover from. That area stays tender for a long time. I do good most of the time. Bms are good. On occasion the area can get irritated by diarrhea or too many bms but it's nothing like before the surgery. Treatment for anal stenosis requires stool softener and fiber and in severe cases surgery. Even after surgery stool softener may be required but it's more a maintenance thing. If you need the surgery don't over think it like I did. Make sure you have a good doctor and get it done. I had a hemorrhoidectomy, followed by LIS but the LIS didn't help me because of the stenosis. For me LIS only added to the scar tissue. Hope everyone finds a solution soon. Suzy

Thanks for your input. I have to hope for the best. I can get a 1.25" diameter dilator in fairly easily, it's the 1.5" that causes tearing. Before my last 2 hemmorhoidectomys (3 total), I could get a 2" diameter dilator in with no problem.
endfissure2013
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby woundedspirit » 09 Feb 2014, 01:08

Hi Suzy. That is where I am right now, have to keep telling myself not to wait too long. One question, did you still have the fissure after surgery where it could then heal due to the surgery or was the fissure gone when you came out of surgery? ( I can re-word that if you are not sure what I mean),

Hi endfissure. That is as a fantastic article, thanks for sharing. Hope all goes well at your next appointment.
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failure of All Topical Treatments
Failed LIS
[size=85]EUA and Fissurectomy
Hoping to avoid Flap Surgery
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby endfissure2013 » 09 Feb 2014, 01:26

woundedspirit wrote:Hi Suzy. That is where I am right now, have to keep telling myself not to wait too long. One question, did you still have the fissure after surgery where it could then heal due to the surgery or was the fissure gone when you came out of surgery? ( I can re-word that if you are not sure what I mean),

Hi endfissure. That is as a fantastic article, thanks for sharing. Hope all goes well at your next appointment.

:wel: I know this is kind of a dreadful way to spend a weekend, but it's for our health. 8) I hope the article helps many people. I don't know if anoplasty will help me, but I think it's my only option. I seriously do have a lot of scar tissue back there. I've looked and I can see the different color of scar tissue contrasting healthy tissue. It is all around the anus, 360 degrees. I'm convinced this is the correct course of treatment, and I'm ecstatic that I've found a treatment. When I make up my mind, I make things happen. It's now down to me finding the right doctor that will perform the procedure. I don't think I'm looking for solutions anymore. I'm well on my way! :pray: I plan on keeping you all updated, it just hard when I have bad/no news. It makes me feel like a loser. I'm going to fix this!! I claim it!! :smilyhug: I was so worried, I went to the chapel and prayed with the pastor there one on one. I was like, if God wasn't hearing me before, I know he'll hear me now. I know it's early, but I will be faithful and believe God will heal me. I'm in the military, and I can't serve my country like this.
endfissure2013
Fibre Addict

Postby woundedspirit » 09 Feb 2014, 08:05

Please keep us updated on your progress. So glad you feel a direction. Sometimes that is half the battle! God Bless.
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failed LIS
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby suzyljank » 09 Feb 2014, 12:14

Hi, woundedspirit, The fissure, skin tags and a lot of scar tissue were removed during surgery. My pathology report came back perianal scar tissue with rectal mucosa with fibrosis and chronic inflammation. My fissure would have never healed on it's own. The fact that it would start to heal and retear over and over and over was just adding to the scar tissue. It got so bad for me there were times I couldn't even get the tip of a q-tip inserted. The surgery has helped me alot but the area itself can still get tender at times. My CRS told me it could take up to 2 years for everything to settle down and I believe him.

Hi endfissure, if you can get a dilator that large inserted you're doing really good and if you have stenosis it is really mild. Keep your bms soft and easy to pass. You're way ahead of where I wound up. Dilation can help keep the scarring from getting worse too. Once a day is all that is needed but for it to work you need to use a size where you acutally feel it stretching you while inserting it. If it goes in to easy it's not doing it's job.

Take care Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby endfissure2013 » 11 Feb 2014, 19:59

I went to my latest CRS and he said that I don't have anal stenosis. He used a 18mm scope. I told him I'm too tight back there, and he said that anoplasty wouldn't make me any more elastic. He said it would make the area bigger though. He then said he had a meeting and left me with many unanswered questions. I waited 2 weeks to see him. I'm disappointed. This guy was a military doctor, he really let me down. I know I have stenosis, even if it's mild, and I'm going to get someone to help me.
endfissure2013
Fibre Addict

Postby woundedspirit » 13 Feb 2014, 21:29

Hey endfissure. I am so sorry to hear you were disappointed with your appointment. But it is good that he states you do not have stenosis. Maybe a discussion about an LIS would be more what you need to loosen the tightness of the sphincter. A sphincter problem as apposed to actual build up of tissue. Keep seeking the help you need. God Bless. WS
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failed LIS
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist