Looking for suggestions for the ITCH!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Looking for suggestions for the ITCH!

Postby Scientist2516 » 18 Feb 2014, 11:41

Hi tikigod,
In theory you aren't more likely to have a fissure than anybody else - BUT, be careful of the steroids, because supposedly they can thin your skin, and maybe COULD predispose you.

OTOH, you need to cure that itch, and the present torment over-rides future worries, doesn't it? Just, be careful and watch your diet, which you already plan to do.

So glad you don't have a fissure. That's good news.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Deleted User 3356 » 19 Feb 2014, 05:45

ah yes, good thinking about thinning the skin, I had read that. I'll go top up my water bottle now.

Thank you all so much. I'll report back with hopefully good news in a couple of weeks..
Deleted User 3356

Postby Deleted User 3356 » 12 Apr 2014, 04:45

well, the stronger steroid cream worked a treat but once I'd stopped for a week or so, a rather aggressive wipe to cure a very slight itch seems to have flared the whole thing up again. It's not as bad or as frequent as last time but not good. I'm considering ringing my doctor and asking how long I need to leave in between finishing a 14 day course of the steroid cream and starting it again (and this time when i finish, being more careful and maybe using non fragranced wipes..) I thought it was over :(
Deleted User 3356