So happy I'm not alone

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

So happy I'm not alone

Postby Whitsensd » 21 Feb 2014, 13:43

Discovered this site today 2 months after I developed my AF just before Christmas. I mistakenly thought that this was piles so wasted a few wks using hemoclin, Anusol and scheriproct. I self diagnosed AF After researching online and then went to The Dr and asked for Gtn. She confirmed my diagnosis and agreed to let me try it. This has helped me and I think the headaches have been a small price to pay for some relief from this agony that has taken over my life and caused me to be so sad. The other night I had a particularly bad bm and now feel that I'm back to square one complete with spasms. That was 3 days ago and I'm now scared to have a bm because of the pain. I started trawling the web again and found dilitazem. Yesterday I went back to docs and asked for this. He wasn't sure he could prescribe it at first but finally did. Told me " this is last chance saloon then it's surgery!" Cheers for that advice lol!
anyway got the cream today as it's only special order and will start using it tonight. I have been eating all bran for 3 wks but tomorrow I will start adding bran to it. I have also bought magnesium capsules and starting to use movicol once a day. Here's praying that I will be cured, I know that my AF is relatively new compared to many of you but I cannot stand it.
Whitsensd

Topics: 2

Re: So happy I'm not alone

Postby Savaici » 21 Feb 2014, 13:53

Have a read here re amount of fibre to go for: http://www.fibermenace.com/fibermenace/fm_chapter1.html

And, a big :wel: to the forum. You've found the right place (we have all been there with the fissure spasms)!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 22 Feb 2014, 00:50

Yeah, so it's a wild ride, get ready. I've posted under healed naturally, or some such. Haven't been on the forum for weeks. Listen, take the advice seriously about diet, fiber, etc. and perhaps you will be able to forego surgery. I believe I went through the worst pain imaginable with a large AF and lived to tell about it. I healed slowly (months) and was so helped by the support and advice on this forum. I also was helped by the creams (nifedipine, at times, ditilazem). I had severe pain and butt spasms (horrible!) but the creams, and sitz baths, and heating pad all made a big difference. You can heal. If you need intervention, so be it, but try to heal and get a second opinion or two before you decide what is right for you! Here's to better days ahead!!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Whitsensd » 22 Feb 2014, 04:11

Thanks for the advice about fibre and diet I will definitely take that on board. I think the Dr was way too premature to say surgery is next for me. Having read many stories on here I feel I have much more to try and also maybe a long way to go before I would even consider surgery. Thanks again.
Whitsensd

Topics: 2

Postby vdb324 » 22 Feb 2014, 10:37

If possible, I'd tried Botox before surgery.
I did three months of conservative therapies - sitz baths, creams, etc.
Four months of Botox (two rounds).
Now, I'm finally on to surgery. I'd recommend trying the least invasive/risky things first before jumping straight to surgery.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Postby ButtQueen » 28 Feb 2014, 00:03

Just Pain Tired I can't find your naturally healed topic anywhere! Can you find it for me pretty please? :)
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby ButtQueen » 28 Feb 2014, 00:08

Whitsend, why did your doctor say that? All of the doctors I have consulted say "This is a damn small fissure. Don't even think about surgery!" I personally know (outside of this forum) 3 people who have healed naturally and without the need of surgery. One healed after 6/7 months, another one healed after a whole year (got hers from childbirth) and another one heals after every 2, 3 months. Her fissures were pretty bad though so they recur on and off but are pretty manageable.

These statistics should keep you positive! :) Why have surgery when you can heal naturally ;)

Good luck healing and keep us updated...
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9