Anal Fissure History

It Seems Like Every 7 years!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal Fissure History

Postby Peterhopper12 » 16 Feb 2014, 11:58

I've probably had five or six anal fissures and I have been treated for this condition four times by Dr. Norman Sohn who has since retired. For me, Dr. Sohn was extraordinary and when he retired I was crushed. One of the fissures healed through home treatments, but the other three I had while I was seeing him and his associate Dr. Michael Weinstein required anal dilitation which was always a success with almost overnight healing. The dilitations were done in March 1999, October 1999, and October 2007. I should probably mention, that Dr. Sohn also performed two colonoscopies on me each of which was easy, and ease my concern of getting a fissure while doing the liquid part of the prep, he allowed me to do all the drinking in his examining room before having the Colonoscopies the same day 3 hours later. He was exceptionally kind and compassionate to me and others who I knew and went beyond the call of duty (no pun intended). My last anal dilitation was in October of 2007 and I had been fissure-free since then, but now I think I may have one yet again. Not enough doctors in the NYC Metro Region do anal dilitation. The idea of going into a hospital for LIS is horrible to me. So, I am looking for a doctor who can do something like what Dr. Sohn did. I am in Douglaston, NY. I don't think any of the CRS doctors in Great Neck do this procedure and I'm not even sure that any others do it in Manhattan.
Peterhopper12

Topics: 1

Re: Anal Fissure History

Postby Savaici » 06 Mar 2014, 13:07

:wel: Sorry you did not get a reply to this, and welcome to our Forum. This is a link below to Dr.Arnold R. Leiboff, MD, FACS, FASCRS who I believe performs dilation. One of our moderators had dilation there very successfully, and am also providing you with a link to his healing diary:

http://www.colonandrectalsurgeons.com/c ... ssure.html

my-standardized-anal-dilatation-this-morning-t4104.html

:smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222