An answer for repeated superficial fissures ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: An answer for repeated superficial fissures ?

Postby val » 25 Jan 2008, 13:09

thats strange-I get thrush a lot too. I have hypoglycaemia which is caused by low adrenal function, which is a factor for getting thrush. Also, wounds are very slow to heal with adrenal problems. Sounds like there may be a connection with that and fissures not healing. Have you had any tests for anything like that, Juney? Seeing as your fissure wont heal? I've got loads of info on it all.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby juney » 25 Jan 2008, 14:48

no i've never had any tests. i always assumed the fissure not healing was independent of any other problems i've had, and my dr never suggested a possible correlation w/ anything else. it's strange to me that i never had a yeast infection for over a year of dealing with the fissure, and then i had my 1st one in december. that makes me think there's not a connection. but who knows?? what is low adrenal function? i'm not even sure what that means.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby val » 25 Jan 2008, 15:05

it usually goes hand in hand with an underactive thyroid. Ordinary blood tests wont show it up, but a good way to test is if you take your blood pressure when you're sitting down, and then as soon as you stand up-if it falls, then its indicative of low adrenal function, because it should rise. Theres a lot of info on thyroid uk website, and also if you google "dr. barry durant peatfield" and click on where it says about his book-"stop the thyroid madness", there is all kinds of information.
It just seems strange that a lot of us have other problems, like fibromyalgia and other auto-immune disorders, I was just wondering if there was some connection.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 26 Jan 2008, 16:52

Hi girls : ) ! Just short info about Candida - it is always present on our body like thousands of other bacteria and fungi and it becomes problem only when it starts to overgrow. It overgrows only when there is some disbalance that can be caused by many things - using antibiotics for long time (they kill good bacteria too : (...), hormonal changes, diabetes, too much moisture etc. Whatever can effect delicate balance of the "flora" of good bacteria can cause Candida to flourish. So, we do not "get it" ; ), it is always there, just goes berserk when "the time is right". I never had it go ballistic on me, but many of my friends did. One of them always got rid of it by soaking tampons in the yogurt and wearing them for a couple of days. Her Mom is a doctor and told her what to do - so, maybe worth of trying ; ) !
LOVE TO ALL
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61