In pain for 28 months. I've had 4 surgeries

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

In pain for 28 months. I've had 4 surgeries

Postby Badd825 » 14 Mar 2014, 20:09

I had a thrombosed hemorrhoid drained December 2011. A week later had another one done.
Pain present ever since. Had Botox April 2012which didn't work at all. Had eau August 2012 which led to hemorrhoidectomy. Post op fissure developed which I had treated with
Dilitation and fissurectomy jan 2013. Pain persisted. Had a small lesion which crs said we should remove and biopsy
And had LIS at the same time. Lesion came back hemmoroidal tissue. Developed infection that had to be lanced and drained which ended up Being my fourth surgery 6 months ago. Pain has persisted all
Along. I'm on neurontin now because doctor thinks its nerve pain. I'm not convinced because I still
Have a very specific sore spot which burns and stings when I use lido ointment. My pain is constant and on the left. A burning stinging sensation. I feel better sitting on ice and bowel movements don't make it worse or hurt anymore than usual when I'm actually going. Only painkiller helps for a while but I'm afraid to take because of constipation and addiction. Needless to say I'm desperate and depressed. Could I still be healing from the last procedure in September or does this sound like levator. Anyone have this constant pain this long? Crs said it looks healed. I've seen 3 different doctors. Last one was head of crs at a respected hospital in the city. Worst bedside manner. Pretty much dismissed me and said there was nothing else to do as he didn't know why I was still pain.
Badd825
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: In pain for 28 months. I've had 4 surgeries

Postby nick7 » 21 Mar 2014, 08:22

it can sometimes if like myself last a lifetime and like me you could be in that category in where it will never heal properly owing to the position of either the pile or AF if they are located at the entrance of the anus as they just tear open each day

the only thing i have found to be useful over the past 35 years is Preparation H ointment not gel and the using of a rectal-dilator as found here

http://www.healthandcare.co.uk/biopsy-p ... lator.html
nick7
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby suzyljank » 21 Mar 2014, 08:40

Hi, I'm sorry you're having so much pain. You've had a lot of surgery in a very small area. Another explaintion for your pain could be scar tissue itself. Scar tissue doesn't stretch very well and when it's stretched to much it can split (fissure). Even microscopic tears can hurt. Dilation is really great for keeping scar tissue pliable. It's also good for breaking the cycle of spasms. I had many surgeries myself, hemorrhoid surgery, LIS and finally last year double advancement flap surgery. After the last surgery I was told to use a dilator once a day. It helps a lot. I does take a while to heal from surgery too. I was told it will take about 2 years after the advancement flaps. So try not to worry to much, stress makes everything worse. Try sitting on a warm heating pad for pain and spasms that helps. Wishing you all the best Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Badd825 » 21 Mar 2014, 09:08

Thank you so much for the replies. I will look Into dilators. And I'm starting
To think it is scar tissue and too many procedures. I've decided to not see anyone else and wait a a year from
The last surgery to start stressing about it. This alone has relieved some of the worry
It is what it is and I think patience is key. I've never been a patient patient
I can't believe such a small area could be such a huge source of grief
The things we take for granted. I forgot to mention that exercise helps. I believe endorphins make every thing
Better. I wish you all healing. I keep this forum in my prayers.
Badd825
Salt Bather

Topics: 12