Will Botox complicate LIS later?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Postby kpain » 04 Apr 2014, 16:53

About a week ago, I had Botox to fight this 5 month old fissure. I still haven't felt full effects of Botox. The burning sensation has been replaced by dull and sore pain that lasts for 4-6 hours. Also, I get stinging sensation while passing BM. The pain lasts for 5 minutes but it is a 8/10 stinging pain that drives me crazy. I don't get much blood but see small spots of blood every other day. My CRS suggested to wait for 2 months to see any improvements from Botox. If it fails then proceed to LIS. I am tired of dealing with this fissure saga. I am sorry I am whining here as I know some AF sufferers here have been thru worse. I am all up for LIS and am giving myself another 7 weeks (that are hopefully less painful).

Anbody who had LIS after Botox - please share your experiences and recovery. Also, did anyone had LIS within 2 months of having Botox? Thanks!
kpain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Will Botox complicate LIS later?

Postby vdb324 » 05 Apr 2014, 10:10

I had LIS scheduled for three months after Botox. Here are my experiences:
Botox, Tag Removal & Cauterzation: botox-tag-removal-cauterization-diary-t7836.html
LIS: from-botox-to-lis-t8093.html

I hope these help. If you have any questions, let me know.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Postby Midwestgirl » 09 Apr 2014, 12:43

hi Kpain...I was wondering how you felt after the Botox? I just had mine done yesterday and am nervous for a BM. I get most of my pain during a BM (so badly i want to scream). Did the Botox help at all with that pain?
Midwestgirl
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby kpain » 09 Apr 2014, 16:10

Hello Midwestgirl, The first few days were not good regarding BM. I felt my muscle tighter than before Botox maybe due to CRS had it stretched to examine the area before administering Botox. I was getting stinging pain during BM that last few minutes. Followed by dull pain and spasms for 4 to 6 hours. By afternoon, I usually feel normal. Now almost 2 weeks later, everyday is getting slightly better. I think Botox is slowly kicking in. Once it kicks in fully, I hope to experience pain free days for few weeks. Give it some time to kick in. Doctors usually say 2-3 weeks to fully kick-in. Dont worry.....just give it some time.
kpain
Fibre Addict

Postby Apes » 13 May 2014, 19:06

Kpain and midwestgirl
Any update on the Botox treatment. Had mine 8 days like to know how you are fairing.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby kpain » 14 May 2014, 12:32

Hi Apes. I am on 50th day with Botox. No major improvements. Just 2 weeks ago I was seeing some blood with every BM. It has stopped from the past week. Pain-wise it is more of the same. 4 to 6 hours of pain after BM. Some days were slightly good. But all in all.....no major relief. I am headed for LIS in few weeks. But that doesn't mean Botox will not work for you. Everybody is different and respond to treatments in a different way. Some in this forum have successfully healed from Botox. In my case, Botox was just not good enough to heal my 7 month chronic fissure. Be patient and do everything you can to keep your stools soft and maintain a good diet while Botox is in effect. Good luck!
kpain
Fibre Addict