Anal Fissure since July!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal Fissure since July!

Postby ohblondeone » 05 Apr 2014, 18:58

Hi! I've been lurking on this page for a few weeks looking for advice and reading about other stories. I started having pain last July and just thought that it would go away. After going to an extremely bad primary care physician that told me I probably had colon cancer (just by listening to what I had to say, no exams mind you) I finally went to a Gastroenterologist and she diagnosed me with a fissure. The doc put me on Proctozone cream and Nifedipine ointment. Told me it would be gone in 2 weeks. That was in December. Here it is April and I'm still not having any luck. I called the doctor back and asked if there was other stuff I could try, stool softeners, diet, etc and she said no if those two things didn't work then there's nothing else. Obviously I can tell that lots of people try lots of things!

So now I'm debating going back to the doctor. I'm one of those people that fear doctors because I don't want to find out something is seriously wrong with me. Like my Type 1 diabetes diagnosis in 2006!

Problem is over the last week I've noticed lower abdominal cramping and my stomach making these gurgly noises. I have started working out and thought that maybe the abdominal pain was from all the core exercises I've been doing. I just don't know what to do. My fiance is currently deployed so I know the stress of him being gone isn't helping. I'm scared though to go back to the doctor. Has anyone else seen a GI for anal fissures or do y'all think I should find a CRS?
ohblondeone

Topics: 3

Re: Anal Fissure since July!

Postby idream10 » 06 Apr 2014, 03:19

Your GI doc sounds like mine, he just told me petroleum jelly, sitz baths, and lots of fiber. I am trying to get my insurance to cover a visit to a CRS, I am currently in the appeal process. I know doctors are scary but I would go to the CRS just to see if he has anything else to add. Hoping for healing!
idream10
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Savaici » 06 Apr 2014, 16:16

I saw a GI for my fissure. A total waste of time. Most definitely, make an appointment to see a CRS. They deal with these things all the time.

Let us know what you decide.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby ohblondeone » 06 Apr 2014, 16:43

I plan on calling my GI tomorrow and getting an appointment to go in, just to make sure it hasn't gotten worse and then also ask for a referral to a CRS!
ohblondeone

Topics: 3

Postby vdb324 » 06 Apr 2014, 20:30

GI was worthless for me, as well. In fact, she never located the fissure - not during an exam or a colonoscopy. On the other hand, a resident guessed at what I had within 3 minutes of talking to me before seeing the CRS.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52