Kind of urgent question about inflatable rings

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Kind of urgent question about inflatable rings

Postby G17 » 09 Apr 2014, 00:50

Hi,
I am a 39-year-old male in Oakland, California, US. I have what might be an anal fissure, and is often quite painful.
As advised, I am sitting on an inflatable ring, to keep pressure off my anus. The problem is that all but one of the rings I have used have broken (i.e. leaked all the air from the seam) in a matter of weeks--sometimes just 1 week. (The one that didn't break, the hole is so big that it doesn't keep my rear end off the chair, which aggravates the pain.) Also, some of the others are uncomfortable for other reasons, before they break.
The one I was using just broke tonight, about 2 weeks after I bought it. (I have one spare, though it's not that comfortable--hole is a little too small.)At first I used one I had left over from a few years ago, from Walgreen's--that one was pretty comfortable. But they don't make them any more.
Can anyone recommend a good rubber ring that's available in the US? Hopefully one that's comfortable--but at least one that doesn't break, and will keep my rear end off the seat?
G17
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Kind of urgent question about inflatable rings

Postby Scientist2516 » 09 Apr 2014, 07:19

If you do a web search for "hemorrhoid cushion" you'll get a number of options, and some of them are not inflated, so won't burst. There's one called an "egg box" type, which looks to be made of some kind of foam. Not as easy to carry around, but at least they can't deflate on you.

That said, my colorectal nurse was against a doughnut style cushion. She said it actually tends to place more pressure on the anus, as it pushes down into the hole. She gave me a different kind of cushion, which I could not find on line just now. It was made of heavy plastic, was inflated and did not have a hole in it. It had more of a waffle type structure.

I only used it a couple of times. It was really uncomfortable. In the end I just used soft normal cushions.

I guess in your case, it really hurts to have your anus touching something. In my case, the pressure seemed to help the pain a bit. So everyone is different, and experimenting is the key.

I hope you can find something that helps you!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16