LIS with General Surgeon

LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS with General Surgeon

Postby idream10 » 15 Apr 2014, 14:29

Hi today I went to see a general surgeon about my fissure. He told me it has not healed much since my colonoscopy two weeks ago. He said he could do the surgery. He said he has done them and has been successful. He gave me the scary speech of it might not heal it and it might be the perfect cure. He told me to go home and think about it for 10 or so days and give him a call back.

I have read all the research on here and everyone says go to a colon and rectal surgeon. Problem is I live in a small town and the nearest one is 3 hours away and my insurance absolutely refuses to pay for me to see him.

So my question is has anyone on here had a successful LIS with a General Surgeon. I cant live like this anymore and I really don't know what to do. It has changed my life so dramatically in 2 months. I have been living with fissures for 8 years and I have managed them with enemas but this fissure has been different and more painful and really painful to do the enema.

thanks. :(
idream10
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: LIS with General Surgeon

Postby Jbl22424 » 15 Apr 2014, 16:08

There is a post under the success stories by calliegirl who did it with a general surgeon. He lives in my area so I've debated seeing him but we have lots of CRS's closer by so I probably will not. At any rate, I think it is certainly possible that a general surgeon could do the job and do it well.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby idream10 » 16 Apr 2014, 11:17

Thank you for that information. Her success story is very inspiring. I went ahead and requested the surgery. I am waiting on insurance again.
idream10
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Jbl22424 » 16 Apr 2014, 12:04

Good for you! I agree, it was very inspiring. I might go meet with that surgeon myself, soon. So ready to be done with this. :)
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9