Repeat fistulotomy

Developed abscess/fistula from childbirth

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Repeat fistulotomy

Postby Newmom1211 » 07 Apr 2014, 06:54

Hi! I'm new on this forum.... I have an anal fistula. Started when i delivered my son last year. 2-3 weeks after delivery i had an abscess then fistula. I had fistulotomy done on feb 06 this year.... I've been going to see my colorectal surgeon and he said its healing ok. However, he see that there is still a tiny hole down there...he doesnt think its a fistula but maybe a sinus tract?! But... In order for him to guarantee is for me to go through surgery again. It has only been 2 months?! I asked my OB and suggested that i should wait a little longer before doing another surgery because it's still healing and doing another surgery might complicate things and interfere with healing. I'm frustrated because this all happened after childbirth. My son is only 3 month old. I'm still on maternity leave because of this complication. I was scheduled for a follow up with surgeon on tuesday to see how its doing. Then surgery on wed, but i think im gonna put the surgery aside for now. Fortunately, no pain, no discharge and bowel movements are ok. I'm just scared going through another surgery. Does anyone has the same problem? Developing fistula from childbirth?????
When can i go back running again???? Does wearing tight yoga pants aggravate fistula or developing another abscess? :thanx:
Newmom1211

Topics: 1

Re: Repeat fistulotomy

Postby Newmom1211 » 08 Apr 2014, 15:10

I'm seeing my CRS today and we'll see what he'll tell me. This is frustrating because he wont give me a straight answer why i still have fistula or he said maybe a sinus tract. He actually told me that "we dont need to rush into things". He said that we can wait for months before doing another surgery. ;(. Anyone has any insights about this????
Newmom1211

Topics: 1

Re: Repeat fistulotomy

Postby carmona81 » 19 Apr 2014, 06:18

I'm a male so take that into consideration. I had 3 surgeries performed to get me where I am today. I don't even see ymy crs anymore. Tight clothing is uncomfortable, but highly doubt its what caused or will cause an abcess. Why theses things happen is unknown and I doubt I will ever know why I got a fistula. My first surgery was a fistulotomy, second was fistulotomy with Seton placement, third was removal of Seton and fistulotomy again. With every surgery my paid was less and less. I still have a scar and at times feel tender, I doubt I will ever look at the toilet the same again, just stay strong and stay hopeful. Everyone is different and has a different story. ask questions and lookaround the site. It helps pass the time! Keep us updated and wish you the best!
carmona81
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?