LIS Surgery and Hemorrhoids banding

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

LIS Surgery and Hemorrhoids banding

Postby Roidsfizzman » 02 May 2014, 15:26

Hello,

I am a 63 year old male and been a 15 year suffer of hemorrhoids and 3 years with a fissure. For the hemorroids, I had done the typical Anucort suppositories and stool softner for 10 years and the hemorrhids would come and go. This stopped working after 10 years and I then used the Ultroid for hemorrhoids and got full relief for about 2 years. About 3 years ago I ate over half of a large size pizza with lots of cheese and "stupid me" I knew that cheese caused me hard stools. When it came time for the BM the stool was so hard and large I could not get it out. I had to dig the stool out with my finger. After this I had a hemorrhoid thrombosed about the size of a strawberry and a fissure. I got the Ultroid treatment for the Hemorrhiod and the fissure also healed. After this I was on a high fiber diet and every time I have a hard stool the fissure bleeds and the pain starts up again. I figured out that if I treated the interanl hemorrhoids with Ultroid and Anucort, it would help the fissure heal and I could get about 3 to 6 months until the next fissure issue.

The first of March this year the Ultroid or Nifedipine cream would not heal the fissure and for about 8 weeks I was in daily pain from 4 to 6 hours each day after the BM . I would be pain from the BM, but the pain increased after the BM and I could get a little releif from Lidocaine.

I talked over my options with my CRS and we felt my best option for a full recovey was to do the LIS surgery and band the interanl hemorrhoids, so three days ago I had the LIS Surgery and banding for the Hemorrhoids. My fissure has a hood from the scare tissue and this had to be cut away during the surgery.

Day one of the LIS surgery - the hospital and doctor were great and the surgery went well and this was the easy part. It was a day surgery and I was in and out in about 4 hours. I received a new 72 hour pain relief shot in the anul area that really worked well. I had some pain between the anul and testicals when I got home, but no pain where the surgery was done and I had some pain in my left testical. I also had some Hydrocodone Acetaminophes pills to take every 6 hours. I eat two meals lunch and dinner and took Miralax at each meal as told by my doctor.

Day two - I wake up at 4:00 AM and I have a lot of gas and I need to take another pain pill. I feel like I need to have a BM but I do want to go because of fear of a BM. I am in the bathroom taking the pain pill and need to pass more gas but it is not gas and the soft stool with some blood gets away from me before I can get to the toilet. Now I have to clean up my mess and wash my shorts. While cleaning up the my mess, I have to go again, but this time I do find the toilet. I have not had pain with the BMs. I get back to sleep about 6:00 AM and two hours later I have another BM. After each BM, I get into a hot bath with about 4" of water to clean. I have about 5 more BMs with lots of gas but not much in stools and my butt is chapped from going to the restroom. "OUCH" During the day I did have some gas that escaped that I could not control but I could control the stools. I have no energy from all the BM's.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Re: LIS Surgery and Hemorrhoids banding

Postby Roidsfizzman » 02 May 2014, 17:23

Day three- today I had 3 soft BM's through out the day with no Miralax and no pain. I am still getting some beeding after the BM and need to keep gauze pads between my cheeks to catch the blood. I am still tired and spending most of the day lying on the couch watching TV. I had been eating all fiber diet but I had my son get me a Chicken sandwitch as my stools are soft. I am only taking tylenol for the pain, but I am getting some nerve pain somethimes that fells like someone sticking me in the butt with a ice pick, but it only last a few seconds. This appers to be in the area of where the Hemorrhids were banded. I have control of the gas and stools but I need to be close to a restroom as there is no holding back when I need to go.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sotiredofthis » 02 May 2014, 18:21

I'm 4 days out from LIS and tag removal. Praying you heal completely from this mess!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby Roidsfizzman » 02 May 2014, 18:29

Day four- the 72 hour pain shot has worn off and I have all the feeling back in my bottom and the swelling is going down. With this shot on day two when I wipped after a BM, I had no feeling around the anul opening. I am sore with a few nerve spikes for a couple seconds but no major pain. I am still only taking one Tylenol every 6 hours. My energy level is up and I am up and around the house today. One soft BM in the morning and some dark blood on the tissue. I had been taking Miralex daily for about a year and a half, but I have not taken any Miralax since day 2.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Roidsfizzman » 10 May 2014, 21:55

Day 11 post surgery- Today I had two BM about 8 hours apart with no bleeding and no after pain. I did have some minor burning when passing the second BM. I am taking one MiraLax each day and the stools are soft. I am having no issues with gas getting away. I feel that I am on the road to recovery.

I do have a concern as I feel that I still need to be close to a restroom when I have the call for a BM as I can not hold it in very long. I am not sure what going to happen if I am out of the house or driving and I need to have a BM and no restroom in site.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist