Bit concerened

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bit concerened

Postby sugarspice » 01 Jun 2014, 15:47

Hi everyone.

I'm a bit concerened because for the first time ever I had bleeding from my bum that was not related to a BM.

I had a BM this morning, but the bleeding was hours later and not after having a BM.

I have had my fissure 10 months now and never had this, I have been in a lot of pain after BM's again recently. Also, although I have hems, they have never bled.

Has anyone else had bleeding from their fissure that was not close to BM time?

Seriously worried I have bowel cancer or something. Can fissures cause bowel cancer?

SS
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Re: Bit concerened

Postby Apes » 01 Jun 2014, 20:28

SS, sorry you have been having complications. First I really don't think a fissure an cause cancer. How much bleeding did you have? I have had to ice my external hemmy and have seen spots of blood. I also had blood once when I thought I needed to have a BM and sat on the toilet for a few minutes. That was a result of some internal hemmy. I would see if it keeps happening and then maybe make an appointment to see my CRS.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby owmybum » 02 Jun 2014, 07:57

Ugh..... Sorry to hear you're having these problems sugar...... It's always alarming to see blood.

I have had non bm related bleeding before.... It was after one of the barium tests I had done. I was sat watching my sons school assembly, and when I got home there was a fair bit on my undies. To say I nearly passed out was an understatement... But once the panic was over, I was no better or worse, and things settled down again.

Try not to worry about cancer. By all accounts if the blood is bright red and fresh looking, there's nothing to worry about.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby sugarspice » 02 Jun 2014, 12:49

Thanks OMB, I thought the same thing as it was bright red..phew. Booked an appointment with my original private CRS anyway, rather than have to wait another 3 weeks to see the NHS one, just incase anything bad. For one heavenly minute I thought my period had arrived, but no such luck. Who thought fissures would make you pleased about periods? LOL. I also have discharge coming from there now too, have you ever had that? It looks a bit like snot when you have had a bad cold...sorry to be so descriptive!!

In lots of pain again...boo! Although fortunately it hasn't lasted long, 30 mins now as opposed to 8 hours before the botox.
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist