Bloated & Constipated 8 months post skin tag removal

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Bloated & Constipated 8 months post skin tag removal

Postby Bummed-In-Oregon » 02 Jun 2014, 02:40

I saw a post by igrik1986 on another board but can't find her/him here. Her/his problem may be similar to mine. I'd like to read her/his posts but don't know where to find them. I do a search and the username comes up but don't see the posts or a profile to send direct message.

I had internal hemmerhoids banded without much trouble. But when he cut up my skin tag like a barbarian, I had major problems. The pain was out of control. I've been incredibly bloated 8+ months now. Apparently I am constipated but I didn't even realize it. I look like I am pregnant, I am tired and sluggish all the time. I try to work out but it's not easy. I drink plenty of water and take fiber. When I drink water I feel like I will burst. I eat a tiny bit and I bloat like I ate a cow.

I tried tons of medications; Amitza, Linzess, Hyoscyamine, Dicyclamine, Reglan, Xifaxin, etc...either they didn't work or I couldn't get past the side effects. I've taken probiotics, digestive enzymes, and more without results. I've tried laxatives, enemas, milk of magnesia etc...nothing helps enough and I can't take these things forever. Gluten Free & Dairy Free diets did not work.

I've been told I don't have stenosis, but why then are my stools more narrow now? Their not pencil thin or anything, but their thinner than pre surgery.

I wish I never had the surgery, the doctor mislead me saying if I didn't get it removed it would lead to more hemmerhoids. Yet apparently the internal ones are back, and now I have an external one! I never before had an external one and it hurts so bad, nothing helps. I believe it's a result of the awful surgery too.

I had 2 x-rays. One showed nothing, the other showed stool that apparently shouldn't be there, at least not that much. Neither showed gas yet there are times I am sooooo gassy. I had a hypaque enema and it didn't show blockage. Because I couldn't eat for a full day and night before the test and had to take massive amounts of laxatives to be cleaned out, in the end, I looked flat and felt light like before the surgery. Yet after the test was over, I began to bloat again...and I didn't even eat anything yet!

I am scared, no one will help me and doctors tell me the surgery didn't cause my bloating and constipation but it all began the day of the surgery. Sorry but that is too big a coincidence. They just say I have I.B.S which I think is B.S. frankly. Somehow overnight the day of surgery I developed IBS? When I see a colon rectal surgeon, they send me to a G.I. doctor. And yet this was caused by a colon rectal surgeon. Neither helps and I've seen both.

Any help appreciated, thank you!
Last edited by Bummed-In-Oregon on 05 Jun 2014, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
Bummed-In-Oregon
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Bloated & Constipated 8 nths post skin tag removal

Postby richibeno » 04 Jun 2014, 10:33

Hi I think he changed his user name to pin pin
Wishing you a speedy recovery
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Re: Bloated & Constipated 8 months post skin tag removal

Postby Bummed-In-Oregon » 05 Jun 2014, 01:44

Thanks Richibeno,
I checked them but appears to be someone else. This person had posted on another forum that they ended up bloated and constipated permanently as a result of the same surgery and said to come read their story here but I can't find them. So far no other responses so I guess no one else has experienced what I have I guess.
Bummed-In-Oregon
Salt Bather

Postby Roidsfizzman » 05 Jun 2014, 08:41

Hi Punkin,

I have IBS from time to time. It appears that you have tried most everything to fix your issue. Have your done a colonscopy and endoscope after your bloating issue to rule out something causing your problem? I did both of these at the same and I did not have any after effects.

I have a book called "Cooking for Healthy Healing" Book One that has a section on healing IBS and colon with diet. It has helped me, so I thought I would pass it on to you. You can get a used copy online for about $10.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Scientist2516 » 05 Jun 2014, 09:16

Hi Punkinpie,
I really feel for you - your problems and pain sound overwhelming. I really hope somebody here can help you. Igrik used to post a lot here, but I have not seen a post from him for quite a while.

Bloating all the time could mean you are eating something, probably a carbohydrate of some kind, that you cannot digest or absorb. Your gut bacteria are feasting on it, making gas. Soluble fibre, like metamucil, is a kind of carbohydrate that we cannot digest. It serves a purpose by absorbing water and making soft stools, but it can also bulk up your stools making them hard to pass. Beans are the obvious example of gassy foods. They contain a carbohydrate that we can't digest, that bacteria love.

You might try cutting down your fibre intake for a while and see if that helps the bloating. Some people here have been helped by low fibre diet - white bread, white meat, fish, well-cooked vegetables etc. If you get constipated, there is no harm in taking Miralax (= movicol in the UK) for a while.

I can't explain why this started at the same time as your surgery. I wonder if you had to take massive antibiotics, and your gut flora was wiped out? Or if the pain caused a lot of trauma which is somehow (no idea how) playing out as gut problems.

Anyway, I do hope you can find some relief. Take care.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Scientist2516 » 05 Jun 2014, 10:18

Punkinpie, have you been tested for Clostridium difficile? Yours does not sound like a typical case, as you don't report diarrhoea, but bloating is one symptom. It's a hospital-borne infection, quite common after antibiotic therapy (because your own intestinal flora gets weakened). It is getting more common outside hospitals though.

I recommend reading only reputable web sites like
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... n-20029664
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Postby Bummed-In-Oregon » 05 Jun 2014, 21:28

Thanks you guys for your responses. I have tried low carb and gluten free diet as well as dairy free. So I don't know if it's a food issue anymore? I just don't know how I can develop such serious I.B.S. the day of surgery and it not be surgery related.

Roid,
I have not done a colonoscopy nor endoscopy. The G.I. doctor apparently doesn't think their necessary because the hypaque enema didn't show blockage. You mentioned your I.B.S comes and goes. Well before the surgery my stomach caused me some problems here and there, but nothing like this. Now I am always crazy bloated, it fluctuates but I always look pregnant to varying degrees, there is never a break.

Scientist,
The G.I. doctor feels that the surgery did not cause my problems directly, but he does say that indirectly it may have. He does call it IBS rather than something specific that happened as a result of surgery and tells me that my stomach nerves or muscles are somehow acting up. G.I. doctors push fiber on us so much that I take it regularly. But I can try not taking it like you said. I did stop it when I went out of town a few days before because I forgot it and don't recall improvement, but I can try again.

No I have not been tested for this Clostridium difficile. I can ask. I didn't take any antibiotics during the time of surgery, I do take probiotics daily but don't see a difference. I've taken high potent strains that included many types of probiotics too.

I didn't even realize I was constipated but I definitely am. That's not the full issue though because like I said, when I was clean as a whistle for the hypaque enema I was flat and concave even like the normal me. But somehow after the test I began to bloat up, without any food in me. So while food does make my problem worse, feeling like I ate a horse after eating a small mandarin, it clearly is not the entire issue.

I still have the external hemmerhoid that came after surgery, never had one before. The recent colon rectal guy called it a skin tag. Well, what was removed was a skin tag and I didn't feel pain with that skin tag other than the removal of it which was hell on earth. But with this deal it hurts all the time, so therefore I don't know that I trust him that it's a skin tag rather than hemmerhoid. I want it gone, but I'd have to be on my deathbed to even consider surgery in that area again.

My nausea fluctuates but is always there. I don't know if it's coming from this bloating issue, because it seems to have worsened over time.

Too bad I can't find Igirks story anywhere, I wonder if he got better and if his issue was the same as mine.

I can see every G.I. doctor out there, but money and time are limited resources. I live in Portland, OR, wish I had that as part of my username. So if anyone knows of a good G.I. doc I can see who may have some ideas for me, please let me know.

Thanks again, I will look into the book and links mentioned.
Bummed-In-Oregon
Salt Bather

Postby Scientist2516 » 05 Jun 2014, 22:45

This is Igrik's story, I think. Richibeno says he changed his name to Pinpin, and one of the early replies addresses him as Igrik. I recognize some details of his story as being the same as Igrik's.

non-healing-wound-or-chronic-fissure-t6815.html
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Postby Bummed-In-Oregon » 06 Jun 2014, 01:48

Thank you Scientist! I skimmed it over and he didn't mention bloating like he did in another post outside this forum but in the other forum that's the only thing he said. Shute, now I am wondering if I have fissure being I hurt, burn, itch due to that small growth I have, whatever it is. Happened after surgery too.

I too wonder if I have stenosis but they seem to think I don't, yet my stools are thinner. Not as thin as a pencil, but thinner than before for certain. That's when I can even go with the help of taking all this junk. The more I see doctor's, the more confusion and the poorer I get. I wish I could go back in time and leave what was just a skin tag. It was directly on my bum hole. So when he cut, that's where he cut. I wish I knew what went wrong and I wish he didn't convince me to do what was a needless surgery. Turned out he wasn't board certified and he disappeared days after my surgery. They had to reschedule me with another doctor there, one who of course defended his work being they hired him. They said he disappeared and didn't know where he went. Yet just days earlier he was asking me to schedule follow up and front staff did just that.

I worry I will never know the real story, but I even worry more I will never improve. I've only seen one other post where someone was permanently constipated even years after external hem removal, which I imagine is similar to external tag removal. But it wasn't anyone I could contact nor would they have been able to tell me anything as they were doing so badly themselves, poor guy.
Bummed-In-Oregon
Salt Bather

Postby Roidsfizzman » 06 Jun 2014, 08:46

Punkin,
You can send Pinpin an email. Click on the link from Scientist and on the Pinpin post click on email and you can ask Pinpin about the bloating. Pinpin is still active on the site as I received a reply about 3 weeks ago from Pinpin.

I am sorry that you were exposed to a doctor who was not board certified and gave you bad information about the tag removal. Focus on hearling as I am sure that you will get your issues solved. Stay aggresive in your search for answers because sometimes the key to healing does not come from a doctor, but you may want to search for a doctor who specializes in bloating.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4