Breastfeeding and fissure...my/our experience(s)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Breastfeeding and fissure...my/our experience(s)

Postby Flaneur » 09 Jun 2014, 01:00

Jbl what kind of surgery did you have? Hope you're all healed now?
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Jbl22424 » 09 Jun 2014, 09:53

I just had LIS, no other procedure. Was pain free within a week and still feeling great now three weeks later!
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Jbl22424 » 09 Jun 2014, 09:58

By the way - I also have very small boobs (now really small that I've given up breastfeeding, how do they shrink???) but was able to nurse my son lying down in our bed. Maybe if you use a softer surface, there might be a little more give to make it easier? You could also possibly nurse in a sling while standing up.

I remember the months of sitting on my couch in tears because I was just trying to feed my baby and it felt like the devil was shoving a hot poker in my butt. So awful, I hope you find relief soon.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby ezmerelda » 09 Jun 2014, 16:01

Hello Mamas,

I got a fissure either from birth or from constipation from pain meds after birth. I breastfed my son for 8 months while dealing with my AF. I tried diltiazem and it did not work for me, so I stopped breastfeeding b/c I thought that there was a chance it was keeping me from healing. It made no difference, 10 months later and I was no better. I regret stopping bfing before 12 months because it didn't wind up helping me in the long run anyway.

I am now on month 19 and I think I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. I was referred to a new GI about a month ago, (after putting my foot down) and they referred me the same day to a CRS. I am having botox under anesthesia on Wednesday. Here's hoping that will finally give me some relief.

I feel for all of you that are dealing with an af and taking care of a little one. It is tough stuff!
ezmerelda

Topics: 1

Postby Alyssa » 09 Jun 2014, 16:43

Ezmeralda,

I'm happy to hear that you are moving to the next step and I hope you find relief soon; I have a 4 month old and it is not easy dealing with butt issues, depression and being a mom, wife, and working. All of this takes a toll on us!
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby missy moo » 02 Sep 2021, 15:12

Any of you mommas still here? I'm still here 8 years later + 2 more kids what a joke ay!! I've been through this 3 times with the breastfeeding drama i regret not breastfeeding my first 2 kids as long as i intended. My youngest is 6months old. I haemorrhaged when he was 1wk old got mastitis 4 times starting when he was 2wks old plus cracked nipples and a fissure and no one or no thing will stop ne breastfeeding this time. Don't give up breastfeeding it doesn't heal the fissure. When i haemorrhaged i was in hospital nil by mouth not even water for 2 days waiting for my opportunity to go into surgery. I lost 3ltrs of blood and my milk was drying up while in hospital i breastfed through it was super constipated no water or food an breastfeeding and also losing alot of liquid in form of blood so i really went through hell but still here breastfeeding. Mite need to write a book lol but then it mite scare people away from ever having kids.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37