Anal Fissure and breastfeeding

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Postby ColumbiaRiver » 31 May 2017, 11:56

I had a baby three months ago and I am breastfeeding. I have an anal fissure and it is extremely itchy and making me miserable. Turns out I cannot use nitroglycerin while breastfeeding. I was wondering if anyone else had this while breastfeeding and what you did to heal it. I wanted to breastfeed for a year and I cannot imagine nine more months of this hell :(
ColumbiaRiver

Topics: 1

Re: Anal Fissure and breastfeeding

Postby mamafizz » 02 Jun 2017, 19:19

check out abigail steidley she has a blog and had a terrible anal fissure and talks breastfeeding also Pretty helpful on dealing with pain.

https://abigailsteidley.com/back-in-the-saddle-again/
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Re: Anal Fissure and breastfeeding

Postby missy moo » 07 Jun 2017, 12:02

:wel: Hi I got my anal fissure while breastfeeding 3.5 years ago my baby was 2 weeks old at the time since then it's come an gone I'm now breast feeding again it's much worse while breast feeding I will say that so if you can keep breastfeeding if your heart hurts to think of giving up like mine does it wish I didn't care then I could just turn to formula but I'm sticking it out till 6months I use lax sachets also called miralax i think and rectogisic which I think is the same stuff you've been told you can't use an calendula an extremely good healing cream I drink 3 litres of water a day a an try to avoid bread pasta pizza an baked goods. Is this the first time you've had the fissure? If so don't let yourself have it for years like i have because scar tissue builds up now I'll likely need surgery your treatment needs to be a cream to relax the muscle an a good diet with fruit veg an water then if that doesn't work botox. Ask any questions I'm here with you I have a nearly 4 year old an a 7 week old mum power to you :D
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37