Hemmoroids & possible Anal Fissure

Questions

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Hemmoroids & possible Anal Fissure

Postby Harper6977 » 11 Jun 2014, 20:00

Hello all,
I'm a mid-thirties female with multiple (36+) knee surgeries. Currently my left leg is in a straight leg brace. I'm on a heavy dose of opiate pain relievers (MS Contin, Percocet) as I have recently had a surgery.
I have had a small external hemmoroid since my pregnancy 12 years ago. During my recovery from surgeries I've dealt with constipation & large stools.

This past Sunday I had a bowel movement with medium-sized round rabbit poop (yes, I'm using medical terms lol). It was painful, but I was able to manually help get the poop started. I believe that I was VERY backed-up.

Today (Wednesday) I am dealing with a MASSIVE lump of poop that needs to come out - but seriously I have tried to manually help it as well as warm water enema & saline enema. I am trying to break up the large lump. After the enemas I have uncontrollable cramps that cause me to urinate & the enema liquid comes out - very little feces if any at all comes out.

My biggest issue is that prolonged sitting on toilet causes extreme pain for my knee. I also have extreme pain in my anus/rectum. When the cramps hit I reflexively want to hold back my bm because of massive pain. I've just taken a dose of MiraLax in hot tea which will hopefully help break up the mass.

Please let me know if you have any ideas, I'm truly at a loss. I need to break up this mass if I am to have any hope of recovery.
Harper6977

Topics: 1

Re: Hemmoroids & possible Anal Fissure

Postby Savaici » 11 Jun 2014, 20:29

Have you tried sitting on a Sitz bath on the toilet with warm water in it. If nothing will move, you will have to go to the ER. Opiates are Very constipating, as you probably know.

Sorry you are in such pain.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222