LIS for Fissure and Banding

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: LIS for Fissure and Banding

Postby Apes » 03 Jun 2014, 13:59

Sounds like things are going in the right direction. I'm very happy for you.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Roidsfizzman » 06 Jun 2014, 13:01

Aps, thanks, I sure hope I am going in the right direction.

Post 40 days - I had a difficult BM today. The stool was firm and I had to push a little to get it out. I did not have any bleeding, but I was sore and uncomfortable after the BM and I did not have any major after fissure pain. I have been doing one miralax a day and the diet was about the same. I took a little extra miralax to help soften the stools. At this time I do not know to take this as a sign of healing or possible future setback.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Roidsfizzman » 11 Jun 2014, 16:29

6 Weeks Post

It took 6 weeks post surgery for me to have my first day of "Normal Butt". I had a wonderful day no pain, no nerve spikes, no bleeding, no feeling of fullness. What a grind this has been with 9 week of daily fissure pain pre surgery, and then 6 weeks after LIS surgery of dealing with the healing and the mental stress of the possibility of not healing . I have lived with this fissure for over 3 years with many times of healing and re-tearing. I have so mush fear that something will happen and I will re-tear the fissure. I may be a little traumatized because of dealing with the fissure pain and the fear of a bad BM and it is had to accept that I may be able to have a fissure free life.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sb2 » 14 Jun 2014, 05:07

Hey Roids, I have noticed in a few of your responses, you mention "nerve spikes". Can you describe what you feel when this happens? I am 5 days post LIS and I get these quick, occasional pains at the fissure site. Sometimes they are sharp (like getting a shot), other times like a dull ache that comes and goes. Thanks.
sb2
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Roidsfizzman » 17 Jun 2014, 10:08

SB2,
What I call nerve spikes or stingers is a sharp pain in the fissure area, and it does feel like getting a shot. I would not worry about the stingers if they only last a few seconds as they will improve over time.

7 Weeks post - I have a mixture of normal days and some days after a BM of a little soreness and some minor stingers during the day. I am still taking a daily full does of MiraLax.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sb2 » 17 Jun 2014, 11:34

Thanks Roidsfizz. Had a better bm today, so maybe back on track. I don't know about you, but I've learned not to get too excited on good days because you never know when the next uncomfortable day is. Can I ask if you have restricted your diet? My CRS said I shouldn't worry about it if I say regular, but I have limited my diet to fruit, whole grain bread, cereal, and soup. Can't wait to eat more things.
sb2
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Roidsfizzman » 17 Jun 2014, 19:01

Hi SB2,
Yes, I have a restricted diet. I eat oatmeal with fruit in the morning and for lunch mostly veggies and for dinner veggies and some chicken or fish and sometimes a little pasta. I eat very few breads, no cheese or red meat. I drink mostly water and sometimes juice. When I add to my diet, I add in one thing at a time to see how my stools react as my user name should be "stool watcher".

For me the foods that work best for soft stools are beans, corn and rice. I typically have a BM in the morning and I found that the most important meal was eating the correct lunch for the soft stools and I would take the MiraLax at dinner.

I would listen to your body on your diet and make changes when you are ready.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Roidsfizzman » 25 Jun 2014, 10:33

8 weeks post op - I still have some days that I feel tender after a BM and some days that I feel normal. The tenderness comes after a day with 3 or more BM's or a stool that is on the firm side. I do have some occasional mild stingers on the tender days. Not much has changed between week #7 and week #8.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Apes » 25 Jun 2014, 11:36

Keep the faith, get on the golf course!!!!!
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Rachael 1984 » 30 Jun 2014, 15:02

Hi RF,
Sounds like you are doing well..... Keep going. 3years is a long time to keep suffering, as you know, I'm nearly at 2 years. I'm sending you healing wishes. Xxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!