Hemmerhoid non surgical solution? Good doctors in Oregon?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Hemmerhoid non surgical solution? Good doctors in Oregon?

Postby Bummed-In-Oregon » 14 Jun 2014, 00:10

Although the 2nd opinion doctor said that I have a skin tag not hemmerhoid, considering how much it hurts all the time, I am inclined to believe he doesn't know what he's talking about. Not to mention the other stuff he said that was sketchy. I came in with a painless skin tag only, once it was removed I end up with external painful hemorrhoid, never before had an external one, and permanent bloating. Hell on earth. Since I'd never have surgery again, does anyone know what I can do to remove or at last shrink it? OTC products haven't helped and over time it burns and hurts more and more. Is there a decent doctor in Oregon that can help me with both the hemmerhoid and the bloating post anal tag removal? If another doctor says the bloating is IBS when it began the day of surgery, I will scream. Thanks.
Bummed-In-Oregon
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Hemmerhoid non surgical solution? Good doctors in Oregon

Postby Alyssa » 26 Jun 2014, 15:52

Bummed in Oregon,

I suffered from pregnancy induced hemorrhoids 5 years ago and when I had my son (a month after) I decided to have surgery since nothing I did helped me (creams, sitz baths). I was in pain with them and the recovery was not an easy one, it took 3 months to heal (I had about 4/5 of them removed surgically). I don't know of any other non surgical options... but you might have different options to remove them (laser as opposed to using a scapel). If you are unsure about what the doctor is telling you, then I would suggest that you go to a different doctor to get a 2 or 3rd opinion.
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26