LIS incision site not healing

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS incision site not healing

Postby Roidsfizzman » 27 Jun 2014, 14:30

Hi CNM,

The most important part is the pain level at the incision site has decreased and you have no fever. When I had the pus and mucus, I never had a fever.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby CNM » 28 Jun 2014, 05:54

I was wrong about the pan going away.. its still aching after every BM, not allowing me to sit (especially on my right cheek). Its not fissure pain, its 100% from the incision site and I'm terribly worried it will never heal.

Please tell me i'm not the only one experiencing pain 4 and a half weeks after surgery? I'm starting to regret this lis.
CNM
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Savaici » 28 Jun 2014, 13:28

It is such a short time since your surgery, and you have gone through such a lot since you had it done that am not surprised you are in pan! It can take some time to recover, so four weeks is a very short time. It is an area filled with nerve endings. The fissure site needs time to heal. Do read some of the Success Stories on here. Try to relax and let your body heal. And don't forget Probiotics!!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby CNM » 28 Jun 2014, 14:07

Thanks for the pep-talk... I definitely needed that :) Its hard not to get down when you have many set-backs, but you're right. 4 weeks is a very short time and I just need to focus on healing and not just how long the healing takes.
CNM
Fibre Addict

Postby sotiredofthis » 28 Jun 2014, 18:31

Right there with you. I will be 9 weeks post surgery on Monday and still can't sit. I'm going to try to get an appointment with my crs as soon as I can.

My prayers are with you!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby CNM » 29 Jun 2014, 11:09

Wanted to give an update-- the frequent bathroom trips would not stop in the last few days (9-10 times per day) so I took some Imodium to stop the diarrhea. Best decision I could have made.. having a much better day today because I've only gone once so far. I really think the frequent BM's were making it impossible to heal from surgery.
CNM
Fibre Addict