Can the fissure stop healing?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Can the fissure stop healing?

Postby FinallyBetter » 23 Jun 2014, 20:40

3 weeks ago. Was on pain killers for two weeks. My dad warned me the first week would suck, and it did. By day 10 I was feeling better than pre-surgery. Went back to work today for a half day, and it did not go so well. Too much walking amd sitting. Down to Aleve at this point. Probably can go back to work next week succesfully.
FinallyBetter

Postby Savaici » 23 Jun 2014, 20:48

Please, powderblue and finallybetter, remember that this is soey's post. Do just start your own post.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Savaici » 23 Jun 2014, 21:03

Soey, I have also not had surgery. And I also have IBS. Your fissure is just going over into the chronic stage. I haven't looked at your other posts so don't know if you have been given something to help heal your fissure. If not, you should get something from your doctor - a calcium channel blocker or nitro (GTN). Suggest this to your doctor.

You said you no longer have the spasms; this basically means you are healing. I know that fear of the spasms coming back feeling, knowing how incredibly painful they are. I had mine off and on for over 18 months, lost weight, etc., so have been there. Try not to worry too much. Don't overdo things. I tried Valium and it did nothing for me (I used to live in DK and know I would not have got that there...). I do take a very small dose of Lorazepam, to sleep, and am ever grateful to be able to sleep pain free with this.

I know that it is easy to say don't worry when I am not in your shoes, but it won't help you to heal, and that is what you have to keep uppermost in your mind.

Best of luck. Keep coming back. We are here to listen and to help :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby soey » 27 Jun 2014, 11:38

I think its safe to say, this forum has saved my life.. i feel better, knowing that i have support from people who actually have been through the same hell as i have been through. My fissure is healing, thank god :) I still get spasms during the day, but it's nothing compared to the first few weeks of hellish pain. It burns after every BM, but i can live with that. actually, i don't remember what it's like to not have pain during BM.
However, i'm going to the hospital next week, and i'll see what they have to say. I'm either getting botox, or they won't do anything at all.. I'm thinking i really really want to do botox, because this will do so much damage mentally(already has), if it doesnt fully heal soon. And i will of course keep you posted!
again, thanks to all of you for making the worst part of my life better <3
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 18

Postby soey » 27 Jun 2014, 12:47

Savaici,
Thank you for your post! I know the fear isnt doing any good, but i cant control it :(
I used the nitro cream, had an allergic reaction, so basically botox is the next step.
Can i ask how you're doing? Are you still in alot of pain?
I know my fissure is healing, but it seems like it.. doesnt get any better than this. i'm feeling optimistic though, about the botox :) maybe if i convince myself that the botox will heal me completely.. it will ;) placebo effect :)
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 18

Postby Rachael 1984 » 28 Jun 2014, 09:04

Hi Soey,
Glad to hear you are healing. Keep up the good work and I do hope you can do it. Maybe the Botox will help and may be a good idea to give you that extra help? Xxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!