Some good news and a dilemma

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Some good news and a dilemma

Postby Asore Arseagain » 01 Jul 2014, 15:32

Hello,

Its been a long time since i was on the forum, and something happened re not being able to access the site. I managed to create another email address and reregister, but for future reference how do i contact a board administrator i couldn't work this out?

Good news - had botox for fissure last May, and all is well and fissure gone!!!! Hoorah!!!!! Healing was fine, used bathing and raw coconut oil. I had a bit of difficulty containing wind for awhile, but that's settled down now, and worth it for the fissure to be gone.

Dilemma - Ive had a anal fistula for about 10 yrs, and had surgery in the past which hasnt worked. I lived with it for many years and it even closed over superficially for awhile, but since the Botox it opened up the fistula again....it has settled a bit and I wonder whether to just manage this condition rather than have more surgery. Ive already had a few surgery including a lateral sphinterotomy 15 yrs ago for fissure, so i am worried about loosing my continence given that ive had a few surgeries already. Are the benefits worth the risks or not ? And is a seton more uncomfortable than just living with the fistula? Pease help.........
Asore Arseagain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Some good news and a dilemma

Postby Apes » 01 Jul 2014, 18:35

Glad to hear the fissure is gone. I had Botox on Cinco de Mayo, and I'm going really good. Just got this annoying sentinel tag, or skin tag that is irritating. Sorry you having the problem with the fistula. I have had many surgeries, and i have decided that I want no more. So while i don't know what you are going through, I would just say if you can lead a normal life and deal with the condition don't have surgery. I have found that any invasive procedure has risks, side effects and takes a toll on the body. I would say that goes double for the BUTT. Saying that, I know I could never live the pain of the fissure that I had, and if I had to, would eventually have surgery. My perspective, is that I have had a few, as it turned out, unnecessary surgeries, I also have opted for surgery on a couple of occasions that would I now would choose some sort of physical therapy and let the body heal itself. I wish you the best in whatever you decide. good luck
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17