Vitamin E works for me

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Vitamin E works for me

Postby Guest » 31 Jan 2008, 16:48

Just wanted to let you guys know that today i was in some pretty serious pain after a BM and two sitz bath so i decided to take the advice many a website and person even from this site has advocated and I cut up a vitamin e capsule and put in down there. well, the pain went away in 30 mins and it's been hours since i felt anything. No burning, knifelike pain, or spasm. This is truly a miracle. Small miracles people, that's what i'm looking for. Try it! May not work for everyone but I was able to sit in a chair, and a car for over 20 mins w/o any pain. Anyways, just thought I should share my news. Also bought some aloe vera gel at whole foods just in case.

Re: Vitamin E works for me

Postby Deleted User 5 » 31 Jan 2008, 17:05

Vitamin E is a great idea, though it might be too early to tell from just one incident that the E helped. It could be that your fissure/sphincter just finally decided to calm down.
Maybe you could repeat your experiment.
Many folks have done the same thing, and while it certainly can't hurt, so far it hasn't been much to write home about, unfortunately. I used it too while I was at my worst, but I never saw that it really helped. But it have have shortened my pain duration without me realizing that it was the cause, because I was putting so many other things there at the time!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 31 Jan 2008, 17:10

I haven't done vitamin E but aloe vera sure seems to help. So glad you had some pain free moments. My doctor did recommend vitamin e for the anal area too.

Postby Fissulyna » 31 Jan 2008, 17:57

Glad to hear great news : ) !!!!! Maybe botox finally started kicking in too and relaxed your sphincter ! Whatever the cause - I bet you feel elated
: ) !!!
Just don't forget that fissures need long time to heal and even longer time to regain original strength , so stay on your fissure diet, baths and the rest until your CRS confirms fissure healed.
All the best Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 31 Jan 2008, 18:17

I totally agree with Lecia! Pure aloe squeezed straight from the plant would be best, IMHO.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 31 Jan 2008, 19:47

I've tried pure aloe from the plant for a really bad sun burn and it worked wonders. Still no pain after vit E but I know what you mean about it being perhaps..a one time deal. Also, sometimes I put soo much shit down there I don't know what the hell is doing the trick, if anything :(. As for now, i'm sticking to my diet, as best as possible. It's hard, i'm 23, all my friends do is eat and drink for social gatherings, and I'm single so i'm trying to work out, look good, and ya know, put myself out there. But this bastard fissure is definately slowing all that stuff down. Anyways, Lost is finally back on the air so I got a date with the TV!

Postby Fissulyna » 01 Feb 2008, 00:24

Oh dear Erin : ( - we all here definitely know how you feel and believe me, it is not any easier when you have kids to take care off and feeling so bad that you can't be intimate with your husband because of the pain and miss all birthdays, anniversaries, school recitals, sport games and other social events : ((.
Yes, fissures are notoriously known to be finicky and give you hope one day and than throw you to the floor next day - BUT, they also sometimes heal out of the blue when you expect it the least - so don't despair : ) ! Maybe this success will last - why not ??? And regarding "fissure diet" - oh well, you can tell your friends it is special "get in shape diet" ; )), I certainly lost 20 pounds on it and all of my friends got jealous ; ). So, hold on babe, all will be well at the end !!!!
All the best !!! :}{:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Feb 2008, 08:04

Yes, Erin, just hang in there and do everything you know you must to control the fissure. It won't last forever! And in your case, there is a VERY good chance it will all be over soon!
Just remember that when it heals, the area there will still be compromised for up to a year or longer, so stay on the diet and everything!
Deleted User 5

Postby juney » 01 Feb 2008, 11:31

erin - i just want to cry for you and with you. i'm only 25, so i also know the havoc this problem can wreck on a young person's social life. there were so many times i literally just wanted to give up. i hated going out with my friends, watching them eat pizza and french fries, and everything i wouldn't let myself touch. i can still barely even enjoy a beer without worrying what kind of damage it'll do to my butt. i hate having a secret from all my friends b/c i'm too embarassed to tell them what i've gone through. and i'm literally jealous everytime my boyfriend takes a shit, because i know he'll never feel the hell i've been through and i know i'll never go into the bathroom again without feeling horrible dread. what an f-ed up feeling huh?! it would be hilarious if it wasn't the damn truth.

so anyway, i know exactly waht you're going through and i know everyone else on the board does too. as annoying as this probably sounds, all we can do is hang in there, be patient, and keep doing anything we think is going to help us in the end. by having surgery you've already taken the biggest step! yo'ure only a few days out, so i'm sure you'll have healing success.

and in the meantime, i hope you can at least find a way to poke fun at your own misery. sometimes i think about my situation and i can't help but laugh at the absurdity of it all!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36