Should a cutting seton be tied?

I have 2 loose threads bit worried

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Should a cutting seton be tied?

Postby Asore Arseagain » 14 Jul 2014, 08:50

Hi All,

I'm coming up to a week since cutting seton inserted. I'm doing ok, cant sit down yet, but all going well. I ave had a look 'down there' with a mirror, I thought that a seton was a loop with the ends tied together, but what i can see is one thread coming out if my anus and another thread coming out of the fistula? Does that sound ok or not? Its a cutting seton.....so i don't know if this is how its supposed to be? Please help! AA
Asore Arseagain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Should a cutting seton be tied?

Postby tll » 14 Jul 2014, 11:35

I did not have a cutting seton mine went through the fistula and out the rectum and was tied and had a knot in it,but I am not sure about a cutting seton
tll
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Savaici » 14 Jul 2014, 16:22

Don't know if this might be of some help for you, but I would also speak to your surgeon just to reassure yourself, AA.

http://www.rush.edu/Rush_Document/Surge ... stulas.pdf
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Asore Arseagain » 15 Jul 2014, 05:40

Thanks Savaici I found the link really useful. I have also had my girlfriend check the seton and she can see that it is tied, but when i look with a mirror i can just see the two separate threads, so I cant get as good a look at it as she can (poor lass), so i feel relieved to hear that there is a knot, i'll relax now and just concentrate on the aftercare and hopefully fingers crossed in 6 wks all should be well!! Thanks again for all the replies AA
Asore Arseagain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?