Benefiber Metamucil

Should I switch back

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Benefiber Metamucil

Postby Apes » 04 Aug 2014, 08:59

Hi everyone, For the past week or so my BMS have changed, although my diet has not. Over the last week my stools have gone to 5-6 on the Bristol chart. My botox wore off about the same time as this change. I have been taking only one teaspoon of benefiber in the morning for the past 3-4 months. Before that I was using metamucil which seemed to bulk me up to much. Should i switch back to Metamucil to get that bulk back, or perhaps just increase the amount of Benefiber. i go back to the CRS today but they are generally useless in this area.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Re: Benefiber Metamucil

Postby mmklinemm » 04 Aug 2014, 11:09

I've been having the same problem, too. I went out of town for the weekend, so I added a dose or two of benefiber each day knowing I wasn't getting my average 30g of fiber each day from food. My stools have gone to a 6, and caused a retear, I think. I feel like I'm back at square one. I thought it was due to the small amount of ice cream I had one night, but maybe it's the benefiber.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13