So I had the botox done....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: So I had the botox done....

Postby Guest » 09 Jan 2008, 17:43

Chris,
How's it going since your Botox? How do you feel. I hope it is working as well as it did for me. Keep us posted.
Patty

Postby Guest » 04 Feb 2008, 12:17

Hey Patty,
Here's an update on the botox. I think it helped. I really didn't "feel" anything different but I know this has been the longest time I have gone without bleeding. I do think it is starting to wear off though. At my last appointment I found out that my GI doc used the absolute lowest dose possible, 100 units, for the shots. The look I gave him could have turned him to stone. ALL the botox info I read indicated that 200 units was the standard dose, and that 300 units showed the best results.
If I bleed again, I will definitely get the shots again...with the proper strength. Its really sad, but I think doctors tend to believe they are so much smarter then their patients, that none of us could possibly be educated enough to research a condition that is ruining our lifes. Now when I go to a doctor's appointment, I bring printouts from reputable medical sources and that usually gets results. I hate to sound jaded here, but I am so sick of seeing doctors.
How are you doing with your botox Patty?

Postby Guest » 04 Feb 2008, 17:51

Chris,

I am waiting for my appt to come in the mail for my 3rd shot. I am doing well but I am not 100% healed. I think this 3rd shot will seal the deal and get me where I want to be by the summer. I have gotten good results with this each time it gets better and better. Thanks for asking. I hope you keep on feeling good to. Yah I would definitely consider another shot if I were you.

Take Care
Patty

Postby Guest » 05 Feb 2008, 09:23

Patty,
How did you know it was time to get a follow up shot? Did you see blood and then get it, or did something else tip you off?
I'm glad it worked for you. I'm thinking a second round should do it for me as well. It's good to see that there may be an alternative to LIS for those of us who may not be able to have the surgery.

Postby juney » 05 Feb 2008, 10:16

chris - are you just bleeding or do you have pain along with the blood? as long as you're not having pain, i don't think blood would be anything to worry about.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 05 Feb 2008, 12:08

Neither actually. I just wanted to see what a more experienced person in that area used to gauge when to get a follow shot.
Thanks!