Decided to take Miralax...again

What can I eat to prevent too much weight loss?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Decided to take Miralax...again

Postby Deleted User 3641 » 15 Aug 2014, 22:02

I remember taking this when I originally got this blasted fissure from the ninth circle of Hell. I just do not want to drop another 10 pounds just from pooping. I have already lost 30 pounds with my high metabolism...but I also do not want to aggravate the fissure or create bigger hemorrhoids. Considering the fact that I am taking Neurotin for numbing the nerve endings and valium or flexeril as muscle relaxers, I might be slightly more constipated than without them. So maybe I will not be as sensitive to Miralax as I was in the past.

My thinking is that I need high calorie non-junk food to keep the weight on. I am 130 lbs right now and desperately want to eat without fear. Today was one of those days. I had my second non-full day of work (started late because of you know what...spasms and fear I might have to poop before or during work) and I had occasional pain, but I was also very tired late in the day because I was afraid to eat too much. I even skipped my morning bowl of cooked old-fashioned oats. If I get a spasm at work because I needed to have a BM, I will be howling in pain. Not good. Although I am dreading the possibility. *Praying* Miralax will lessen the spasms as well.

Do I still need to consume a ton of fiber on Miralax or can I eat a more balanced diet with food with dense calories like almonds, walnuts, peanut butter? What foods do you recommend for someone with a high metabolism and is generally healthy and active. Most of the foods I used to eat I do not eat because of fear of constipation. However, I checked my regimen and it consists mainly of FIBER, WATER and light EXERCISE! How can I be constipated when I was hardly ever constipated before this condition occurred. Could it be that even with a ton of water FIBER is just not the answer. I have consistently been constipated ever since my Botox/Fissure-wrecked-a-me.

If anyone has advice, please let me know. I know certain foods work for certain people, but I cannot remember anything that I was ever allergic to.
Deleted User 3641

Re: Decided to take Miralax...again

Postby Savaici » 16 Aug 2014, 12:42

I never go crazy on fibre; 30g'ish for a woman, 35g'ish for a man. And I drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day. And I take Milk of Magnesia at night. When I was at my worst, I lived on broth with potatoes and carrots, and not much else. Lost a lot of weight and was painfully thin. Started eating a bit more, but still watch myself like a hawk. No fancy foods. Still have problems, but I can mostly put up with it. Also, what I think saved my life were the vitamins I took. My body was "folding" on me, aches and pains and other problems. I took, and still take, Smarty Pants Vitamins for adults. Got them as they did not disturb my stomach.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby jlm1 » 16 Aug 2014, 13:53

I am not sure about that miralax. I was taking it and found it to create explosive poops so stopped. Then I felt things were not sliding out enough, not quite soft enough. So now my routine is:
3 colace (morning, noon and night)
3 magnesium (morning, noon, and night)]
tumeric (3 times a day)
viatmin
sea buckthorn oil (2 times a day)
1 vitamin b6
valium as needed both oral and suppository
ibuprofen morning and night
prune juice with 2 oz of aloe vera juice at night
and I have started with a half or slightly less of miralax at night
My diet is mainly leafy greens, some fruit, a few prunes, chicken soup, squash, cream spinach, lean meats (sliced turkey, chicken, some pork but not much) beans. I find that escarole and beans (a classic italian dish) gives me a nice bm. I have also been doing some smoothies with yogurt, berries, maca powder,etc) eggs have been ok.
But you know, everyone tells me something different or I read something different.....I have spent a lot of money on different things....who the heck knows?! I have so much stuff that it's a job just to space everything out so I can use it all.
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby mmklinemm » 19 Aug 2014, 22:28

I also rely on vitamins and whole foods, instead of miralax. I tried it at first, but it made me extremely thirsty at night (even though I drink 100+ oz of water each day) and gave me diarrhea. I take 150mg magnesium citrate morning and night, and eat about 30g of fiber each day. Some of my trusted foods: oat bran porridge (oat bran, ground flax seed, raisins, coconut milk, coconut oil), salad, peanut butter, sweet potatoes, pecans, hummus, rice and flax seed crackers, tuna, eggs, chicken, watermelon. I lost too much weight when this all started, too. I think the peanut butter and adding coconut oil or olive oil to meals saved me. I haven't been able to regain any weight, but I stopped losing it.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby Jbl22424 » 20 Aug 2014, 01:09

Miralax is my saving grace. Diet never changed my fissure but it did make me absolutely miserable. When my fissure was active I gave up meat, dairy, grains, carbs, sugar, alcohol and all processed foods. I am 5'6" and weighed 115lbs at that time, 10 lbs below my pre-baby/pre-fissure weight (was 150lbs right before I gave birth). Anyways, the diet never helped my fissure at all but miralax made a big difference. After I had surgery I kept up the diet for 6 weeks and kept up the miralax, then I gave up the diet slowly over time. I noticed no difference in my bms really. I wish I hadn't forced myself to eat that way for so long. It just made me miserable, hungry, and skinny. I don't think it made things less painful.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Deleted User 3641 » 20 Aug 2014, 03:46

Thanks, all. I think I just need to accept the fact that weight gain is not an option right now. I tried thr Miralax and ended up 16 oz hot water with honey hour after dinner and 3 ounces of prune juice before bed. I am on day 4 of this routine where sleep at 9:30pm-10:30pm and get up at 3:30am. i start with warm lemon water and hot water with honey (raw local only). i try to eat a big bowl of fruit mixed with a very small amount of oatmeal with a probiotic capsule and 1000mg of flaxseed oil gelcap. after my BM at 4am, I try to move/exercise lightly to prevent any major spasms. this is working. i make sure to apply Manuka honey in and around the anus at night and slip on some depends to prevent any mess from honey. i do end up having to take two motrin after my BM with food just as a safeguard against spasms. i find about two hours later an egg and two buttered ezekial bread slices with apply or pear works to push any trapped gas through and prepares me for my day. i am sticking to lentils with WHITE basmati rice because is to much fiber for me. pure organic ghee and coconut oil is really helping a lot. i think i found that the extra water after dinner and prune juice is working well. still have some pain before 8am but all is fine afterwards until the next day. yes my days are looonnng but i have no choice until i break this cycle. well...4:45am. time for nap.
Deleted User 3641