Confused

Chronic anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Confused

Postby Paupau » 04 Sep 2014, 22:55

Ive had anal fissure for about 2 years now. I got it after a really bad constipation after having a csection. Ive had colonoscopy done 4months ago and diagnosed with internal hemmies :( and fissures. So the scare was two nights ago i tried to push just a little, no bowel movement, no pain either and there was blood in the toilet bowl so immediately i checked where it was coming from and i found out i was bleeding from my rectum. I grabbed a mirror and i can see the blood coming from the cut but still im not so sure. Is it possible to have a retear or a fissure to bleed with just a little push without actual bowel movement and no pain?? The blood was kind of flowing a little heavy out of the "cut" or idk. So im wondering if a fissure can bleed with just a little push even w/o bowel movement.
Paupau

Topics: 1

Re: Confused

Postby Ever the Optimist » 05 Sep 2014, 10:27

Hi Paupau,
I think the major warning signs are the pain and the symptoms that follow after a BM with an aggravated fissure. Have you noticed an increase in anything like this? Is there anything to indicate from pain levels and discomfort that it is indeed the fissure that may have re-torn? It's possible you may have a very miniscule acute fissure that's been aggravated but will calm down pretty quickly too.. I don't think any form of pressure or pushing in that area helps if you are already diagnosed with a history down there! (even if you don't have a proper BM)
Internal piles can bleed in exactly the way you describe. Is it possible that this might be the cause of your bleeding??......
Obviously, it goes without saying that if this continues and things change and become more painful, then absolutely get back for referral to a CRS or at least speak to a GP, but sometimes, and for not always a clear reason, it just happens and I have read a few similar posts to yours in this respect.
I do hope you get over this set-back very soon & all very best in dealing with it.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Paupau » 05 Sep 2014, 11:13

I feel just a little sore or no pain at all.. When this bleeding happened i didnt feel pain or anything but i can clearly see the cut. I have an appointment today to get it checked out. I just want to know if the bleeding is coming from the fissure or somewhere else.
Paupau

Topics: 1

Postby Ever the Optimist » 05 Sep 2014, 12:23

It's good you have an appointment! Let us know how you get on :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Savaici » 05 Sep 2014, 20:33

:wel: to the forum, PauPau. Look forward to hearing how your appointment went.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222