Few questions

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Few questions

Postby Pamplemousse » 08 Sep 2014, 12:12

Hello, I have a few questions that I was hoping to get some help with. My colorectal surgeon is referring me for an MRI scan of the pelvis – does anyone have any idea what this would be to look for exactly, in relation to anal discomfort? (My fissures have healed but I have ongoing problems in that area) What could show up on this that they can’t tell from a digital rectal exam and also an exam of the rectum under anaesthetic? I know I should have asked this question during my appointment but I got seriously overwhelmed!

Second question, is it normal to still be feeling anal and abdominal discomfort several hours after a digital rectal exam? It’s not overly painful but a bit tender, especially my abdomen. I've had this for 30 mins to an hour after an exam before, but I still have it after 4 hours this time.

Thirdly, I am using diltiazem cream, which I’m supposed to keep in the fridge, but tomorrow I am travelling. Does anyone know if it will it be okay to keep the cream out of the fridge for about 4 hours, possibly more? I might not get the chance to ask a pharmacist this question before I leave!

Thank you.
Pamplemousse
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Few questions

Postby Savaici » 08 Sep 2014, 13:05

Hi. I had an MRI done. All that it showed was that there was no blockage and it is good for that.

I would say yes, it's quite normal to feel discomfort. After all, someone examining you there 'disturbs' the normalcy of the anus and rectum. If the pain goes on, however, for more than 36 hours and gets worse, I would contact the doctor.

I used Diltiazem cream. I am sure that it will be fine for a few hours out of the fridge v
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222