Have fissure but i'm being sent for hemorrhoid ligation

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Have fissure but i'm being sent for hemorrhoid ligation

Postby Ever the Optimist » 15 Sep 2014, 15:04

Oh Volans,
I'm really sorry to read that...only goes to highlight the incompetence of some medics out there......but I'm also confused, I had an anoscopy and I had eaten beforehand and I wasn't sedated either! I'm not quite sure what approach your CRS was taking......So, you now have to wait another 2 weeks?
You should be able to see what anoscope they use in your procedure and some instruments are much smaller than others too.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby volans » 15 Sep 2014, 15:32

I could have chosen to take the anoscopy without being sedated but i had enough pain when the doctor gently inserted one finger last week to check how tender I was. When I asked about the anoscope she said it would only take a few minutes and mentioned nothing about a sedative.

Today when I got in it was completely different. The nurse looked at me funny when I said I wasn't having sedation and the surgeon told me the scope would be at least 3-4 times the size of her finger, so I would be in a lot of pain without any medication.
volans
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Postby Ever the Optimist » 15 Sep 2014, 15:45

Ah I see - yes, I guess I was at a stage where things were less painful and insertion more bearable too than you right now, but honestly what a mess they made of things..........do any of these medics actually communicate?? Have you been rescheduled now? How frustrating!!
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Datura » 16 Sep 2014, 00:20

I'm sorry you've had to deal with this. So frustrating for you. My office initial consult information told me I had to take an enema an hour before my appointment so I was prepared for anything they may do (which in the end turned out to be nothing). Yours should have given you more information. That's pretty shoddy.
Datura
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1